Has anyone used Forever Living Aloe Vera products?

(58 Posts)
kittya Fri 04-Feb-11 18:45:42

My friend is selling them, Ive never heard of them but the sample of the body lotion has been amazing for my dry skin. Its quite pricey though and I cant find it in the shops.

https://www.foreverliving.com/marketing/Category.d o?name=BodyMK

I just wondered if anyone had tried them.

catinthehat2 Fri 04-Feb-11 18:53:44

It's the usual bog standard tedious pyramid type selling scheme.

MLM

I'm sure you could get something similar at Boots, but the way it's set up is that the co makes money because you are too chicken to say "no" to your friend.

All sorts of simple explanations on this don't be taken in for a minute

kittya Fri 04-Feb-11 19:01:44

thanks ever so much!! I wondered why she kept telling me I should go to a "meeting" with her. It did come accross as quite cultish!! I have to say though, the cream she gave me is lovely and thick, maybe a health food shop will do something similar.

catinthehat2 Fri 04-Feb-11 19:06:23

deffo - there's plenty of nice products out there. I don't use a/vera myself, but I bet there's people on this board with good recommendations if you start another thread

these things are pernicious and destroy friendships, hate them, can spot them a mile off

MLM schemes are horrid. This one has been around forever.

houseproject Fri 04-Feb-11 19:12:38

Try Holland & Barrett they tend to have pure Aloe Vera products. It is good stuff - very gentle but promotes healing

jinxediam Fri 04-Feb-11 19:16:00

I use forever's stuff and it is amazing on my skin. Their skincare range is fab and I use the aloe gelly on everything first aid related! Much better than H&B as I have used both- no comparison IMO. just buy off her and don't be pressured into any meeting. Forever reps are always happy to sell to you without actually joining the business. wink

FortunateHamster Fri 04-Feb-11 19:21:40

One of my facebook 'friends' is always banging on about selling this stuff and their detox diets. I posted once about not wanting to leave my son in nursery (a necessary evil for me and I'm ok with it really) and she posted 'inbox me' - clearly to sucker me in too. Ugh!

It's good that she's got drive and energy and is making sales, but the constant sales posts and trying to get others to join in are quite irritating.

catinthehat2 Fri 04-Feb-11 19:39:00

can you state an interest jinxed? are we to understand you are a Forever rep by the wink emoticon...

kittya Fri 04-Feb-11 19:59:33

I will shop around and see what I can find. I'd never heard of it before but, when I saw the site it looked abit full on to me. It's really expensive too.

donnie Sat 05-Feb-11 09:10:59

I have used it - it's good but not that good IYKWIM.

Buda Sat 05-Feb-11 09:18:59

Try the H&B Aloe Vera stuff first.

Co-incidentally I used Aloe Vera gel on DS's last night as his shins are in a dreadful state. He is prone to dry, itchy skin and stupidly wore shinpads 2 weeks ago all day with nothing under them. He has been scratching since and the skin is all scabbed over and red and looks terrible. I have been using Aveeno which is gradually working but last night I remembered I had Aloe Vera Gel and I put that on a while after the Aveeno. There was a huge difference this morning. It is much less read and inflamed.

Or if you find the Forever Living cream good and can afford it just tell your friend you are happy to buy it from her but are not interested in going to any meetings.

kittya Sat 05-Feb-11 09:32:27

to be honest, I used the eye cream today and it does feel really nice and about the same price as Dermalogica.

My other friend swears by their shampoo and conditioner but, at £20 for the two, I dont think so!!

I will keep my eyes peeled for a good body cream. Theres is good but Im sure I will find it cheaper.

No meetings for me, most definitely!

littlemissindecisive Sat 05-Feb-11 17:23:21

If you think the cream is amazing and you can afford it then buy it. You can just be a customer of hers not a recruit.

VinaApsara Sat 05-Feb-11 17:27:49

Just buy an aloe vera plant and use the sap, that's what we do. They are really easy to grow and, when you need some you just snap off one of the nice succulent leaves and squeeze out some 100% pure (obviously!) aloe vera - then all you do is wrap some cling film round the snapped end and it keeps in the fridge for ages (by which time a replacement leaf will have grown on the plant). We use it for everything first aid related and it's also great for skin blemishes/general crap skin complaints.

wendihouse22 Sat 05-Feb-11 18:37:42

My ex used to be involved in this.

I didn't like the stuff particularly as I felt it was very overpriced and especially didn't like the hard sell "come on board message" he gave people.

It got right on my nerves.

What I will say is that they have a sun care range which I used on my little boy because he was quite sensitive to the ones in the shops and they were great for him.

GeorgeEliot Sat 05-Feb-11 19:13:53

I use the deodorant as I don't like more commercial anti-perspirants etc and it is good.

For body lotions and moisturisers though i would find a cheaper AV product elsewhere, as others suggest.

kittya Sat 05-Feb-11 19:48:25

I usually get a lavender deodrant fro H and B, Im off the traditional ones as well. I might give theirs ago. I do like the eye cream.

Evizza Sat 05-Feb-11 20:01:19

I love Holland & Barretts 99.9% Aloe Vera Gel. I got my 100ml tube for £2.99 and then my second half price so way cheaper than the FL products. I use it every night when I get a bath as a 15 minute face mask - then I rinse it off and have lovely smooth skin. Its very good afer waxing and plucking also, very soothing and gets rid of any redness.

kittya Sun 06-Feb-11 20:06:54

thanks!

jinxediam Mon 07-Feb-11 18:12:58

Sorry for late response- not been near a computer all day! Yes I do sell Forever stuff but I don't have a team...I found all the 'recruit your friends' thing really tedious and not at all me. I sell to my friends etc purely because I drink the aloe gel drink and it had amazing health benefits for me (I had chronic back problems) and those around me were similarly amazed by how i reacted to the gel drink (very good skin and soaring energy levels). I have to admit I do give my friends a discount as its quite pricey!!! wink

Its by no means my main job as I don't really push it and def cant do the whole 'grow a team' malarky. Probably earns me an extra £100 a month or so which is pretty good as i mainly order stuff at wholesale prices for my own personal use blush. 30% off is no laughing matter! They also give me a 5% bonus on purchases so it does add up smile

The propolis cream is a fab nappy cream and amazing on kids ezxema( sorry cant spell today!). id never use anything else on my skin...don't even get me started on the aloe gelly- its the only thing i use First Aid wise!

Horses for courses but I love the products.

SuperBobby Wed 13-Mar-13 10:07:08

I've tried them. They are great. I've used the Aloe drink during pregnancy and I felt so much better when I was using it. I now use the the gel/cream for my baby and his bum doesn't get as red as it used to.

I've tried this shop and the service was very good.

http://www.worldofforever.com/?page_id=146

khudi Sat 27-Apr-13 17:13:30

I've been approached by a friend to join "Forever" as a sales rep. It sounds very interesting but I'm sure there is some catch. Has anyone had the experiance that would like to share? Please help as I recently lost my job and I am desperate for something.

Jammygal Sat 27-Apr-13 19:30:45

I have tried the sun cream before and was actually impressed as my skin reacts to most sun creams and generally can't buy cheap;)

TeamEdward Sat 27-Apr-13 19:35:36

If you can avoid the hard sell to joinup, the products are excellent quality.
The propolis cream is amazing on eczema, and the deodorant is great too. And I love the lip balm!

TiredFeet Sat 27-Apr-13 19:39:47

Its dodgy pyramid selling, I was approached by a relative who pretty much tricked me into a meeting. The science behind some of the claims seemed pretty shaky from recollection. She seems to make her money from selling to lonely old people who like the visits and from strongarming relatives into buying stuff by whining about how poor she is. Put me right off! Never got any samples so can't speak for whether the products are any good but the pyramid selling puts me right off.

Puddlelane Sat 27-Apr-13 20:11:06

Is aloe any good for rosacea?
My poor mum's face is in a bad way but she won't use any antibiotic cream or even go to doctor in the first place!

Springforward Sat 27-Apr-13 20:23:11

I've had the propolis cream and the heat rub, they were very nice but so expensive that I didn't really feel able to keep buying them.

I am a huge fan of the enormous bottles of banana boat aloe vera aftersun TBH, £5 for enormous pack and keeps my skin really happy in summer.

TigerseyeMum Sat 27-Apr-13 20:48:38

A friend of a friend just started selling these products as a rep and everyone's been raving about how amazing they looked and how well they seemed. No free samples have winged my way, but I have several aloe plants in my bathroom do I might snap off a leaf and use that instead.

H&B pure aloe gel is great shower gel when you're sunburned.

khudi Mon 29-Apr-13 20:01:13

Thank you TiredFeet. Your answer helped me a lot.

joannebaldwin Fri 04-Oct-13 13:26:03

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

jurisbc Thu 06-Mar-14 20:00:54

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

cloudskitchen Thu 06-Mar-14 20:56:34

I've used the aloe vera gelly and found it good. not used anything else though.

bonvivant Thu 06-Mar-14 22:05:14

I've tried the products. I thought the lip balm was the best I have ever tried but most of the other products were mediocre. However, I fundamentally disagree with the sales/marketing tactics so will never purchase their products.

sleepdodger Thu 06-Mar-14 23:54:18

I use the toothpaste
I'm still waiting for white teeth...

loumay6 Tue 01-Apr-14 18:04:01

I just wanted to clarify for anyone else reading this post, Forever is NOT pyramid selling!! That is illegal in this country and Forever is not doing that. The company gives you a bonus for supporting members of your team, it doesn't take money off the people below you to re-distribute to you!

I am a distributor, and the potential is there if you put the time, the energy and the hard work into building a business.

It's not for everyone but the low risk and potential high £ return was what got me involved. And I'm loving it! smile

Twinklestein Tue 01-Apr-14 18:49:03

Forever Living put sorbitol and fructose in their juice which I find bizarre for a health product.

I use Biovea organic aloe vera link

strawberryfayre5 Sun 20-Apr-14 13:22:00

I regularly use Aloe Vera and have used it for my dog for over 10 years. I burnt my hand badly which would not heal and after a year or more of pain finally I tried Aloe Vera and my hand healed. I have also used it for my border collie who had ear trouble and was facing an operation but with my vet's approval I tried Aloe Vera and have never looked back. He is now 14 and rarely has a problem if ever. The cost of a monthly bottle of Aloe Gera Gel has saved me a £1000 vet bill. I buy the Forever Living product as it is thicker than the products bought in shops but whatever you choose to buy it is an amazing product and I would thoroughly recommend it.

Elizabeth22 Sun 20-Apr-14 16:59:06

Why then do the reps you meet in real life don't actually bother selling the stuff on their stalls but focus on recruiting people so much then? They seem much more interested in signing people up so they must be getting some sort of money incentive presumably?

sleepdodger Sun 20-Apr-14 21:26:40

Because the more reps in re team the bigger the commission and cut if their sales without doing any work
This so why the product is expensive- they have lot if commissions to pay!
I have several friends doing it- they all sound v cultish and incapable of a normal conversation any longer hmm

Eliza22 Mon 21-Apr-14 10:21:26

Have used these products as ex-DH used to rep them. I wasn't that impressed except for my son who can't use any bog standard sun creams. For years we used their's as it was the only one that didn't bring him out in a rash.

Expensive stuff, I think.

hogs123 Sun 04-May-14 19:48:39

I have used forever aloe products for my psoriasis. I tried everything and nothing really worked. I have not used a steroid in 2 years now and was so impressed with the products and results I joined the business. I have many customers with astonishing results.

HermioneWeasley Sun 04-May-14 19:50:49

I know someone who started selling this a year ago. She does come over like she's joined a cult. She's on about "the secret" FFS. And agree, with so many people to pay in the PYRAMID then the margins must be huge.

vee1234 Fri 06-Jun-14 19:31:43

They wouldn't still be trading if it was pyramid selling. They have an investors in people gold and champion award as well as satisfying the direct selling agency. It doesn't matter how big your team is if you don't do any work yourself the company won't pay you any bonus. Equally everyone earns the same profit margin on the products and there is no reason why any member of your team cannot move higher than you in the company and therefore earn a bigger monthly bonus. Just depends on the effort you are willing to put in.

MerdeAlor Fri 06-Jun-14 20:40:23

Learning about Aloe benefits is fascinating but it does feel like the forever living band are onto us and will attempt to sell even on here.

justjuanmorebeer Sun 08-Jun-14 10:55:54

Do you know what the products are actually decent. My mum has been selling these for 20 odd years as a sideline of her business so we grew up with them at home (the toothpaste, handwash, suncreams etc) however she has never tried to recruit anyone or pushed the products like some people are doing now. I know a local woman who has started and she was hounding me on facebook, seemed pretty agressive and none of the 'science' adds up. I had to delete her in the end, was going to report her to forever living but cpuldn't be arsed. I is cultish and is sending people a bit barmy in my city. Awful.
I am shocked to hear there are added sweeteners in the drinks. That is not advertised!

nickjayuk Sun 27-Jul-14 22:00:39

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Marmiteandjamislush Sun 27-Jul-14 22:41:07

I like this Pure Aloe gel

Onesleeptillwembley Sun 27-Jul-14 22:51:20

I don't think drinking the snake oil can make a bad back better.

Coconutty Sun 27-Jul-14 22:52:54

I think it's way overpriced and I find all the reps I've ever met very scary.

I literally laughed when the last one showed me a bottle of juice and told me the price.

What was wrong with being an Avon lady?

nickjayuk Sun 27-Jul-14 23:37:55

Coconutty I thought the exact same as you over priced, infact that is partially the reason why I joined the business because some of the products I used I knew I would be using them for the rest of my life after they cleared up a lifelong skin condition in under a week. There are videos on youtube comparing the aloe gel with a acidic test and Forever Living doesn't boast the cheapest products, but it does boast the best top quality products in all areas. I could show you more information comparing some of the products which would give you a real "Aha" moment but here is a youtube link to one just comparing the gel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z03n4AQ8V1g

Also Onesleeptillwembley you are right snake oil will not make your back better but with a 60 day guarantee I would recommend you try the Aloe Forever Freedom, includes MSM and Chondroitin, my grandmother is regular customer as she suffers with athritis and swears by it. officialforeverliving.co.uk/sasproduct/forever-freedom/

If there is no improvement with your back afterwards and you are not 100% happy they will refund you.

Scrambledchocpancake Fri 29-Aug-14 22:06:21

I have just joined forever because I wanted to earn my own money. As a mother of two with a husband that is always away I needed to have my own money rather than getting money from my husband. I went with forever mainly because I had seen the products being used in my old job. They worked really well and this was a way I could do a part of my old job(which I loved). I have seen the training and I am being pushed to recruit team members. This I am really uncomfortable with especially with my friends. I am going to just concentrate on selling the product and having fun with no pressure. The products are good. Yes they are expensive but that is because they are such high quality, use local farmers and harvest by hand. They are investors in people and the support and training I have received in my first month is mind blowing. I am loving it right now. I just need to avoid my manager in my up line. ;)

pigleychez Fri 29-Aug-14 22:38:31

I have a friend (Not seen her in over a year though! met at a babyclub) that constantly messages me on FB asking me to join Forever living. Either that or asks if i'd found her any new clients! Like that's my job! Its getting abit annoying now though.

I know 3 people who are now reps.

On the Aloe, We were recently in Majorca and I picked up some 100% Aloe gel for DH's sun burnt shoulders. It did clear it up really quickly and I used some as an aftersun on my shoulders and it was very cooling and was great on my skin. I bought a big tub to bring home with me too.
Ive heard its meant to be good on stretchmarks too so have started using it on them too so will wait and see. To get more I would probably get the same stuff again imported rather than get sucked into a pyramid scheme.

I drink Aloe Vera juice ( Colitis) it is a bit chloriney but I add some cordial to damp it down.

Needasilverlining Sat 30-Aug-14 09:37:35

Jesus, do they have some kind of alert system to converge on a thread and spam it with sales crap?

It's like the Stepford Wives with added aloe vera.

Was just wondering that silver
If each member had a "previous posts" number by their name I suspect a lot of posters on this thread would be zeros!

Apart from 70 of course smile

Needasilverlining Sat 30-Aug-14 09:50:51

Funny you should say, Stealth - I picked two names at random from the fans and searched. One exclusively on the product test threads, one Welcome to Mumsnet job. Obviously this could all still be totally coincidental and legit, but it doesn't do much to inspire my faith.

I do always wonder, if the stuff's that amazing why are people not fighting to pour money into the tills at, say, Boots for it? And no, I don't buy the rather garbled explanation I was once given about Boots just not wanting an excellent product that works for some reason...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now