Has anyone used Forever Living Aloe Vera products?

(60 Posts)
kittya Fri 04-Feb-11 18:45:42

My friend is selling them, Ive never heard of them but the sample of the body lotion has been amazing for my dry skin. Its quite pricey though and I cant find it in the shops.

https://www.foreverliving.com/marketing/Category.d o?name=BodyMK

I just wondered if anyone had tried them.

catinthehat2 Fri 04-Feb-11 18:53:44

It's the usual bog standard tedious pyramid type selling scheme.

MLM

I'm sure you could get something similar at Boots, but the way it's set up is that the co makes money because you are too chicken to say "no" to your friend.

All sorts of simple explanations on this don't be taken in for a minute

kittya Fri 04-Feb-11 19:01:44

thanks ever so much!! I wondered why she kept telling me I should go to a "meeting" with her. It did come accross as quite cultish!! I have to say though, the cream she gave me is lovely and thick, maybe a health food shop will do something similar.

catinthehat2 Fri 04-Feb-11 19:06:23

deffo - there's plenty of nice products out there. I don't use a/vera myself, but I bet there's people on this board with good recommendations if you start another thread

these things are pernicious and destroy friendships, hate them, can spot them a mile off

MLM schemes are horrid. This one has been around forever.

houseproject Fri 04-Feb-11 19:12:38

Try Holland & Barrett they tend to have pure Aloe Vera products. It is good stuff - very gentle but promotes healing

jinxediam Fri 04-Feb-11 19:16:00

I use forever's stuff and it is amazing on my skin. Their skincare range is fab and I use the aloe gelly on everything first aid related! Much better than H&B as I have used both- no comparison IMO. just buy off her and don't be pressured into any meeting. Forever reps are always happy to sell to you without actually joining the business. wink

FortunateHamster Fri 04-Feb-11 19:21:40

One of my facebook 'friends' is always banging on about selling this stuff and their detox diets. I posted once about not wanting to leave my son in nursery (a necessary evil for me and I'm ok with it really) and she posted 'inbox me' - clearly to sucker me in too. Ugh!

It's good that she's got drive and energy and is making sales, but the constant sales posts and trying to get others to join in are quite irritating.

catinthehat2 Fri 04-Feb-11 19:39:00

can you state an interest jinxed? are we to understand you are a Forever rep by the wink emoticon...

kittya Fri 04-Feb-11 19:59:33

I will shop around and see what I can find. I'd never heard of it before but, when I saw the site it looked abit full on to me. It's really expensive too.

donnie Sat 05-Feb-11 09:10:59

I have used it - it's good but not that good IYKWIM.

Buda Sat 05-Feb-11 09:18:59

Try the H&B Aloe Vera stuff first.

Co-incidentally I used Aloe Vera gel on DS's last night as his shins are in a dreadful state. He is prone to dry, itchy skin and stupidly wore shinpads 2 weeks ago all day with nothing under them. He has been scratching since and the skin is all scabbed over and red and looks terrible. I have been using Aveeno which is gradually working but last night I remembered I had Aloe Vera Gel and I put that on a while after the Aveeno. There was a huge difference this morning. It is much less read and inflamed.

Or if you find the Forever Living cream good and can afford it just tell your friend you are happy to buy it from her but are not interested in going to any meetings.

kittya Sat 05-Feb-11 09:32:27

to be honest, I used the eye cream today and it does feel really nice and about the same price as Dermalogica.

My other friend swears by their shampoo and conditioner but, at £20 for the two, I dont think so!!

I will keep my eyes peeled for a good body cream. Theres is good but Im sure I will find it cheaper.

No meetings for me, most definitely!

littlemissindecisive Sat 05-Feb-11 17:23:21

If you think the cream is amazing and you can afford it then buy it. You can just be a customer of hers not a recruit.

VinaApsara Sat 05-Feb-11 17:27:49

Just buy an aloe vera plant and use the sap, that's what we do. They are really easy to grow and, when you need some you just snap off one of the nice succulent leaves and squeeze out some 100% pure (obviously!) aloe vera - then all you do is wrap some cling film round the snapped end and it keeps in the fridge for ages (by which time a replacement leaf will have grown on the plant). We use it for everything first aid related and it's also great for skin blemishes/general crap skin complaints.

wendihouse22 Sat 05-Feb-11 18:37:42

My ex used to be involved in this.

I didn't like the stuff particularly as I felt it was very overpriced and especially didn't like the hard sell "come on board message" he gave people.

It got right on my nerves.

What I will say is that they have a sun care range which I used on my little boy because he was quite sensitive to the ones in the shops and they were great for him.

GeorgeEliot Sat 05-Feb-11 19:13:53

I use the deodorant as I don't like more commercial anti-perspirants etc and it is good.

For body lotions and moisturisers though i would find a cheaper AV product elsewhere, as others suggest.

kittya Sat 05-Feb-11 19:48:25

I usually get a lavender deodrant fro H and B, Im off the traditional ones as well. I might give theirs ago. I do like the eye cream.

Evizza Sat 05-Feb-11 20:01:19

I love Holland & Barretts 99.9% Aloe Vera Gel. I got my 100ml tube for £2.99 and then my second half price so way cheaper than the FL products. I use it every night when I get a bath as a 15 minute face mask - then I rinse it off and have lovely smooth skin. Its very good afer waxing and plucking also, very soothing and gets rid of any redness.

kittya Sun 06-Feb-11 20:06:54

thanks!

jinxediam Mon 07-Feb-11 18:12:58

Sorry for late response- not been near a computer all day! Yes I do sell Forever stuff but I don't have a team...I found all the 'recruit your friends' thing really tedious and not at all me. I sell to my friends etc purely because I drink the aloe gel drink and it had amazing health benefits for me (I had chronic back problems) and those around me were similarly amazed by how i reacted to the gel drink (very good skin and soaring energy levels). I have to admit I do give my friends a discount as its quite pricey!!! wink

Its by no means my main job as I don't really push it and def cant do the whole 'grow a team' malarky. Probably earns me an extra £100 a month or so which is pretty good as i mainly order stuff at wholesale prices for my own personal use blush. 30% off is no laughing matter! They also give me a 5% bonus on purchases so it does add up smile

The propolis cream is a fab nappy cream and amazing on kids ezxema( sorry cant spell today!). id never use anything else on my skin...don't even get me started on the aloe gelly- its the only thing i use First Aid wise!

Horses for courses but I love the products.

SuperBobby Wed 13-Mar-13 10:07:08

I've tried them. They are great. I've used the Aloe drink during pregnancy and I felt so much better when I was using it. I now use the the gel/cream for my baby and his bum doesn't get as red as it used to.

I've tried this shop and the service was very good.

http://www.worldofforever.com/?page_id=146

khudi Sat 27-Apr-13 17:13:30

I've been approached by a friend to join "Forever" as a sales rep. It sounds very interesting but I'm sure there is some catch. Has anyone had the experiance that would like to share? Please help as I recently lost my job and I am desperate for something.

Jammygal Sat 27-Apr-13 19:30:45

I have tried the sun cream before and was actually impressed as my skin reacts to most sun creams and generally can't buy cheap;)

TeamEdward Sat 27-Apr-13 19:35:36

If you can avoid the hard sell to joinup, the products are excellent quality.
The propolis cream is amazing on eczema, and the deodorant is great too. And I love the lip balm!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now