What is the best face / anti wrincle cream for a nearly 30 year old?

(13 Posts)

Hi, I've decided that since I am quickly approaching 30, I'd better start taking care of my skin. I'm quite lucky as I don't need foundation and I have a very youthfull look. People at work have said they though I'd just left school when I started there at 28.
Anyway, I'd like a moisturiser/ wrinkle prevention cream that is light reflective so wwould give my skin a brighter look. Especially as I now work night shifts, I think I'm going to need it.
I've heared of one that makes your skin look so good people think it's make up?
Could anyone give me any advice as there are so many out there. Thanks. smile

mrsflux Fri 03-Sep-10 16:11:05

Don't kno if it's light reflective- suspect not, bu I really like the olay 7 signs one. I get the SPF one as I think thats important to prevent aging.
Works well once a day on my combination/ spot prone skin. I use the basic face wash and toner they do with it.

Effjay Fri 03-Sep-10 16:13:56

i can't do without my Oil of Olay. I've been using it since I was thirteen and am nearly 40 now. I've tried other products, much more expensive, in the past, but nothing is as good as this. I use the standard one during the day and the Olay 7 night one at night.

<Watches with interest still in denial at being 29>

miche8 Fri 03-Sep-10 16:24:09

I bought the new olay total effects wake up wonder last week, its sits nice under my bare mineral makeup. I also use the no7 p&p serum, i'm sure it does something to my skin because i look terrible if i dont use it for a few days.

My skin is neither oily or dry.

I'm in my 30s but interested too, I'm not really happy with the basic moisturiser I'm using ATM. I have dry skin though and worry about anti-aging stuff not being moisturising enough...

Oh, I'm using P&P (my mum keeps buying it for me hmm) and I think it is working as for someone who is 37 weeks pg and averaging about 4 hours sleep a night I actually don't look that bad grin

purplepeony Fri 03-Sep-10 17:00:25

At 30 you are still very young.

There is no need to use any special face cream, as long as you keep out of the sun, don't drink ( much) ea t plenty of Omega 3s, don't smoke and take exercise.

Dermatologists all agree that all moisturisers do is keep moisture in your skin. Those with AHAs or retinol will help smooth lines.

Best tip is to use high SPF whenever you are outside- even on cloudy days.

I had some lovely comments a while back- smilesomeone who didn't know my age thought I was about 43. I am 55. I have used Clinique City Block SPF25/40 for the last 20 years.

AuntieMaggie Fri 03-Sep-10 20:04:19

Avon - been using the rejuvinate range of cleanser, moisturisr and eye cream for about 6 months and I love it!

onadietcokebreak Fri 03-Sep-10 20:16:38

Didnt the Aldi or Lidl one come out really well in reviews?

spudmasher Fri 03-Sep-10 20:22:46

Well at nearly 40 I should not be allowed to comment BUT I will anyway.
I like the classic Boots Protect and Perfect but I have recently discovered an amazing oil called Argan oil through a Moroccan friend. It is soothing, healing and rejuvenating. And supports the Berber women. Have a look at this.
www.telegraph.co.uk/health/wellbeing/7768000/Argan -oil-Feed-from-the-Tree-of-Life.html

echt Fri 03-Sep-10 20:38:29

Second the sunscreen. And hat in the sun.

Other than that, the cheapest moisturiser your skin feels good in. Pay no attention to the shoite about certain stuff being better for your age.

Thanks everyone! smile I don't drink, well about 1-2 glasses of wine once every 1-2 months. I don't smoke and I use sun block.
I must sound like a nun. (I'm not!) grin
I'll have a look for the recomended creams.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now