DS in nursery full time?

(4 Posts)
Bitchqueen90 Sat 14-May-16 08:30:54

I am starting my undergraduate degree in September, but I will only be in lectures 12 hours a week. I don't know what the timetable is yet so I've had to secure a full time nursery place for my ds (will be 3 when the course starts). It seems a little excessive to me, I know I will have work to do outside of lectures but I feel awful sticking my ds in nursery for 5 full days a week when I will have the free time to spend with him! Anyone else in this situation? I may look at reducing the hours after I get my timetable but I still feel guilty.

BikeRunSki Sat 14-May-16 08:33:58

But 12 hours lectures does not mean that you only need to do 12 hours work a week - you'll need time for coursework, essays, library research, fieldwork, laboratory work, studio work, tutorials, practicals etc as appropriate. And I suspect it won't be packaged neatly into a few days a week!

insancerre Sat 14-May-16 08:35:03

You don't have to send him the days you don't need to
You can keep him off and do things with him
Yes, you will have to pay if he's not in but if you get hel with fees it offers the best of both worlds

Bitchqueen90 Sat 14-May-16 08:49:52

Yes I will get help with most of the fees paid. I've been told by the department that it's likely I will get Wednesday and Friday off so I might keep him off for one of those days and maybe just pick him up earlier on some days rather than leaving him in until 6. I'll see what the workload is like when I start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now