Can't sleep. 3500 words due friday

(10 Posts)
booksandchoc Tue 04-Feb-14 23:27:25

I have a 3500 word paper due on Friday. I thought I had sone enough research for it, but i think I've not done nearly enough. I don't have a clue how to do referencing, I don't know what I'm meant to analyse. I feel like I'm heading for a huge fail. Our tutor has been worse than useless, no guidance whatsoever. I don't know what I'm going to do sad sad

TheWanderingUterus Wed 05-Feb-14 12:17:51

I hope things are looking a bit better today and you are making progress.

MaKettle Wed 05-Feb-14 12:25:50

Just been here.
First, referencing. Is there a styleguide in your student handbook that tells you how to do referencing? Alternatively do you use Endnote - this will automate it for you - but if you're not already using it do not download it for this assignment - figuring out how to use it will just waste your time at this point.
In terms of content, just get writing if you haven't already. Only read further when you've written a draft and can identify any glaring gaps in your knowledge. I'm guessing that if you hand it in late then you lose marks? It is possible to write 3500 cogent words between now and Friday, but you have to be prepared for late nights. How old are your kids?

booksandchoc Wed 05-Feb-14 15:00:48

Things are looking better today. Been in college today and don't feel so despairing. My plan is to stay here till 9pm then continue once I get home, Do is 2 so she will be in bed by the time I'm home.

We are to use Harvard Referencing. I'm really just hoping for the best with that tbh. if we don't hand it in by 4pm Friday then we fail. No lost marks, just a straight out fail angry.

I do feel better now but tonight I may be despairing again

booksandchoc Wed 05-Feb-14 15:01:49

DD not do

TheWanderingUterus Wed 05-Feb-14 15:05:46

www.citethisforme.com

Someone recommended this on another thread, it's pretty simple to use. Might help?

Just keep on plugging on. It is doable and I'm sure you will hand it in on time.

Good luck.

booksandchoc Wed 05-Feb-14 15:09:53

Thanks for that TheWanderingUterus. Hopefully that helps, if not it will the next time.

booksandchoc Fri 07-Feb-14 00:39:53

If anyone checks for a wee update my paper is nearly complete grin. just a couple of tweaks tomoro morning, although I have no idea if my referencing is Ok, but it's a learning curve!

TheWanderingUterus Fri 07-Feb-14 11:20:05

Hurray! Well done.

Next time it will be much easier.

I find I work more productively if I leave things to the last minute. It's not so good for the stress levels though so I am trying to wean myself off it!

That would be why I am watching Cartoon Network with the DCs and mumsnetting then instead of studying winkgrin.

Divinity Thu 27-Feb-14 10:56:35

Did everything work out for you booksandchoc?

For next time you may want to check out the Palgrave Study Series (you'll be able to get them out of the library). They're little books that give the key points that you need to follow. I've found them really helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now