I am procrastinating madly. Is there anyone around to give me a kick up the arse?

(10 Posts)
statisticsthicko Wed 08-Jan-14 10:55:30

I have a practical assessment and written report to do by next week. I am farting about for hours and only writing a few lines every day. Even this is procrastinating - argh! I have done most of the research, and more or less planned what to practical element will entail, but the actual pulling all my ideas and research together into 2000 words is proving to be a nightmare... sad

enormouse Wed 08-Jan-14 11:06:48

Am in the same boat as you - got assignment all planned out, research printed, intro and conclusion drafted. Just cannot be bothered to do it.

Unfortunately, also 38 weeks pg and have a lively 2 year old to entertain. Hopefully will get something done when Dp finishes work.

statisticsthicko Wed 08-Jan-14 11:09:05

Wow - 38 weeks pg into the bargain! I'm impressed you've managed to get anything done at all. At least my dc are at school for 6 hours a day! May my admiration propel you on...

procrastinatingagain Wed 08-Jan-14 11:11:20

I'm the same. Just about to dismantle a wardrobe. Got 2 assignments due on friday and one on monday. I'm such a dick!

procrastinatingagain Wed 08-Jan-14 11:12:04

Sorry that's no help at all, but you're not on your own

statisticsthicko Wed 08-Jan-14 11:13:42

no, it's good to know I'm not alone. I'm going to break it down into chunks of time that I think I will be able to concentrate for. So will log off here now and do 45 mins up til 12 then lunch and another hour after that etc. LEAVE THAT WARDROBE ALONE!! grin

procrastinatingagain Wed 08-Jan-14 11:57:14

Sounds like you've got it under control! I've had to leave the wardrobe, it's harder to do than I anticipated. I've just made a big mess taking everything put though!

statisticsthicko Wed 08-Jan-14 11:58:32

Haha! Nope, still here, procrastinating away! Argh! I'm really going now! Good luck with your work.

enormouse Wed 08-Jan-14 12:06:04

Also procrastinating here. Thanks for the admiration though blush [not worthy emoticon]

Dp came home (thank God he works so locally -TA in primary school), cleared away the wake of destruction left by ds and has taken him to his grandparents for lunch. Have set myself the deadline of getting the assignment emailed off by Friday evening. Then I can finish the other (thankfully much shorter, easier) assignment next week and send it off the following Friday.

fruityloop Sat 18-Jan-14 01:25:49

This sounds like me, I was even given a book by my tutor called 'avoiding procrastinating' - and I am farting about not reading it. ARRRGGGH. In the end I ordered some bath bombs from Lush and a bottle of wine and made a deal with myself that I would revise/get work done today and then after the kids were in bed, have a nice long bath and glass of wine as a reward for working. This has worked, but can't believe how much I mess about. I think though I have a limited amount of brain space, and this week it has been swallowed up by my 5 month DD, 4 and 7 yr old DS and their homework/school projects and parents evening. So need to get a workable routine in place so I get used to working at a certain time. I think I need to get used to saying no to doing things as well, as I run myself ragged and that doesnt help my motivation. Sorry hijacked the thread with my rant, but just wanted to say I totally get where you are coming from xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now