Ba childhood & youth studies

(4 Posts)
Beckieboo01 Thu 02-Jan-14 17:29:38

I was wondering if anyone else is currently doing or completed this course? I'm just about to start through the OU in feb. I want to know what is the best pathway to take with the modules? What sort of job could I expect to get at the end of it? Im also interested in opinions on full time or part time studies, as they recommend part time study but I would be interested in knowing what the timetable is like for full time study.

TinyDiamond Sat 04-Jan-14 20:42:10

Hi. I can talk to you a bit about this, my degree is in sociology but I have done two different modules from the childhood and youth studies degree as well (one currently) so I have some experience of them.

Can you say a bit more about your personal situation? kids? job? partner? family help locally? Then I will be able to advise you better grin

MegGriffin Thu 09-Jan-14 21:52:38

Hello. i'm doing this degree with OU. I started last October so I am on my first module and intend to do one module a year which will take 6 years in total with Hons. I currently work as a TA 29 hours a week and have 2 children so I wouldn't have time to do more than that at the moment.
I have no particular plans for when this degree is over as I am doing it as a challenge/for interest as much as I am for career progression.

gingergran Fri 10-Jan-14 18:16:54

I am doing this as well. About to start my first level 3 module and am a bit apprehensive. Just one more to do after this one and then finished.

I have found the various childhood modules really interesting and inforrmative although Ithink that each student's experience with the OU is very different and very dependent on their relationship with their tutor - good or bad.

If you can, I would try to attend tutorials as they are often of great help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now