Failing an OU module?

(8 Posts)
Changebagsandgladrags Netherlands Sun 20-Oct-13 23:06:46

Does anyone know what happens in this instance?

I know for sure that I have not done well in my OU module (level 3). I could resit, but would end up with a Grade 4.

I don't really want to resit. I have flogged that dead horse. Plus I am doing two more units now and don't have time to fart never mind revise for a module I don't understand.

Can I just not bother resitting?

What is the implication? The official OU guidance is, as usual, impenetrable.

TinyDiamond Sun 20-Oct-13 23:15:57

Ok. Are you on transitional fees? If I were you I would automatically fail it and then have to do another module to make up points. However if you get financial support I'd be careful and check first as you may not be covered for the extra course. Likewise if you pay via OUSBA they may not fund you. The maximum number of years you can get financial support for is 6.

Changebagsandgladrags Netherlands Mon 21-Oct-13 12:57:52

Yes, I'm on transitional. So I think that's the best way forward. I don't have financial support.

Thanks.

angelfire Mon 21-Oct-13 17:21:37

Is the module mandatory for degree?
On my OU degree all the level 2 modules are mandatory but you choose from a list for the level 3s.
If you scrape a pass they will hold you to that - now any resit is capped at a 4 as you say.
If you fail and don't want to do the resit then you can choose another level 3 but that may lengthen the time it takes for you to finish the degree

FWIW I have thought twice I failed a module - I passed both times - they really try and get you through the exam

TinyDiamond Mon 21-Oct-13 21:56:04

by the way the only other thing to check is that if your degree has a completion date ie Dec 2015 or something then you need to check that you will have time to complete another module within this timeframe

Changebagsandgladrags Netherlands Wed 23-Oct-13 20:48:58

I'm on an Open. I thought there was a 2015 rule, but I can't find anything about it. I can only find 2019.

To be honest, kind of hoping to fail and take another unit instead..

Changebagsregeneratedgladrags Tue 26-Nov-13 22:59:35

Well I fucking passed <slightly pished now>

OK, it now bodges up my grade average. But hey, pulled the wool over their eyes.

TinyDiamond Wed 27-Nov-13 01:48:53

well done!!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now