Masters dissertation hand in looming. Help!

(4 Posts)
LadyCurd Fri 18-Oct-13 14:33:05

I have 11 weeks left or to be more precise 75days and 21 hours 31 mins until hand in (I have an app that tells me).

I have a plan but my motivation is currently zero. I have done nothing on this all week. I am at the point where I have spent so long on this fecker I am bored and disinterested. I need to get my mojo back and finish this evil thing.

Never again!

So I have 8 chapters. 1-4 pretty much done (with a few days of tweaks in there). Chapt 5-8 skeletoned out but in particular chapters 5-7 are my analysis chapters and need most careful attention.

I think I'm on track but I won't be if I carry on with this funk.

Any tips for getting my mojo back. Any handholding for anyone else in same boat?

webwiz Fri 18-Oct-13 21:13:42

I'm bored of mine - its due in at the end of march. I have a phone tutorial tomorrow and I'm hpoing that will give me a bit of a push.

When I'm fed up I do half an hour stints, half an hour working then do something else for 20 mins then back to work. It doesn't seem so terrible then and I usually get into it and do more than half an hour.

LadyCurd Sun 20-Oct-13 19:22:10

Half an hour stints is a good plan. Find it far too easy to be distracted at min. March is years away- good luck! Hope your tutorial went well. I'm going to knuckle down on it tomorrow.

I hope.

webwiz Sun 20-Oct-13 20:07:17

I need to hand in a 2nd draft of my methods chapter and a first draft of the analysis on the 1st November which will be difficult because my analysis is all over the place at the moment. Trying to remember why I thought doing a master would be a good idea!

I did read something that said its ok to do short bursts of work with other stuff in between as its make you think more creatively hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now