Can any of you lovely people pleeeease help me with my dissertation question?

(5 Posts)
MrsMeow Mon 30-Sep-13 12:15:32

I'm really struggling to find anything and I'm already late handing the preliminary question in! My 2000 word proposal is due in in a few weeks and I'm really panicking...

I'm doing mental health nursing so it does have to be mh related. I've had a few ideas linked to the forensic side of things but my tutor thought I'd struggle with research on them so I've had to change my mind a few times already.

I have experience in dementia care and of postnatal depression, but my interests lie in personality disorder, schizophrenia and improving mental health stigma.

I've been reading research papers all morning and still can't pin anything down!!! I really would appreciate any thoughts if anything springs to mind. Thank you so much thanks

RudolphLovesoftplay Mon 30-Sep-13 12:25:21

How about "Women with borderline personality disorder and inter grating into the community after being sectioned for longer than 28days."

MrsMeow Mon 30-Sep-13 12:36:34

Oh thanks Rudolph, I wasn't expecting a reply so soon!

That's a good idea, thank you. I'm interested in the support that's there for people after leaving a section so it would be good to find out more. I'll have a look now smile

RudolphLovesoftplay Mon 30-Sep-13 13:41:38

It's an area that I think is forgotten, particularly with borderline PD because it culminates in such difficulties socially.

CircassianLeyla Fri 11-Oct-13 13:34:19

I don't have a suggestion but my brother has schizophrenia and post-section support is all about medication and my personal opinion is that is a huge issue. He is now socially isolated and has no community to function in so he doesn't. I don't think I am being very helpful but also I wonder about research that investigates the family support network - my parents have had pretty much no support and although (rightly) most resources are geared towards him, they really struggle with understanding his condition, helping him become independent, dealing with his depression and lack of motivation and subsequent neediness after encountering schizophrenia and effectively losing the child they knew for 18 years. 10 years later we still have a long way to go and my dad still entertains ideas of him one day leading an averagely 'normal' life.

This possibly wasn't helpful at all, but I do think it is an overlooked area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now