How long has it took student finance to process your applications?

(6 Posts)
Perriwinkle9991 Thu 22-Aug-13 13:05:59

Basically I have just received my place for my top up so only sent student finance off last week and they emailed me the weekend to confirm they have my application.
I'm sending my evidence off tommorow hopefully it gets processed by my enrolment date of 16th of sept.

Just asking how long has yours took? Also would it be best applying for childcare through student finance or taxcredits? Which one would be quicker?

Thanks

lagoonhaze Thu 22-Aug-13 17:29:50

Well im still in process of redoing mine on paper copy as DP balls up supporting application.

I would get Childcare through SF as its a grant. They pay more than tax credits and you aren't likely to be overpaid unlike tax credits who regularly ask for working friends tax credits back for some unfathomable reason!

ImATotJeSuisUneTot Thu 22-Aug-13 19:12:03

The threshold for the grant is REALLY low though. We assumed we'd get it and missed out by about £100. Also, if you need the cash now - Tax Credits changes, (if you already have a claim) will be processed within 14 days. Your grant will be aaaaaaaages.

With regards to Student Finance - the last time I spoke to them I was told an eight week processing time......

However, I started applying in March. Finally came through finalised a month ago.

Also, apparently since A-Level results came out last week its been over an hours hold time on the phone line.

lagoonhaze Thu 22-Aug-13 19:21:39

Best crack on and get mine in. Whoops!

SilveryMoon Fri 23-Aug-13 21:11:46

I've been waiting 3 months for my loan application to be processed. I called them yesterday (straight through, no waiting) and was told that it's now just a case of waiting for the uni to confirm I am enrolled on the course.
I'm going with the OU, but they want confirmation on payment by Sept 5th.

FrenchRuby Mon 26-Aug-13 13:51:39

I missed out on child care grant, no idea why because dh earn just over £16k a year, not really sure how that's too much?
It took SF two months to process my application.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now