To study HRM or International HRM Masters?

(2 Posts)
hereorthere71 Sat 17-Aug-13 20:32:02

Hi,
I'm due to start a p/t Masters in HRM in September. I don't currently work in HR but have business/sales background.
I am struggling to decide whether to study the standard HRM or the International Course? I was thinking of International because so many companies are international these days and I currently work for a large international company ( although I don't know if I'd ever get an HR job with them). I feel that the International option would give me more options but at the same time that I will miss out on learning about UK law and UK situations - and it is the UK I will be working in whether or not for an international company.

Anyone in HR got any views on this? Will it really matter which one I study in terms of employment prospects?

Thanks

celticclan Tue 20-Aug-13 21:34:30

Go for one that is CIPD accredited. In order to become a Chartered Member of the CIPD you need a level 7 accredited qualification and 3 years experience. A CIPD accredited qualification will also stand in good stead when applying for jobs in HR.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now