Anyone starting FT uni want to set up a support thread?!

(58 Posts)
crabbiepattie Wed 14-Aug-13 12:19:26

Im starting a full time BSc DT with QTS in a few weeks time. Leaving my three gorgeous children in childcare after being a sahm for 4 years. It a mix of grinconfusedshock��������

Imherefornow Sun 22-Sep-13 10:51:47

Definitely essential for me!

So tomorrow!!! shock Found a Facebook page for my course. First thing that stands out is that they're all very young! Seems they have a party arranged for tomorrow night...I'm not going to be able to go! No one is going to want to be my friend because I'm boring sad

On a positive note I get to sort out my satchel (that's right I have a satchel!) Organise pens and folders and papers. I used to take joy in doing this when I was a child before starting school...Am hopeful that it's as much fun as I remember grin The rest of my day is going to be filled with cleaning the house -as it's likely to need a blowtorch by the end of the week- and agonise over what to wear.

Good luck to all that are starting tomorrow. Here's to lofty ideas!

ChunkyFicken Sun 22-Sep-13 21:32:44

I'm chuckling at your satchel I'mhere, I've got one too although it's not big enough for my MASSIVE course books.

Have sorted out my colour co-ordinated notebooks, pens, a pouch containing Essentials like chapstick, tissues and antibac hand sanitiser (Fresher Flu begone) and my uni card.

Now all I have to do is go. And enjoy it. Oh gosh, I really hope I do enjoy it. Haven't had this Sunday evening feeling for so many years.

Good luck to everyone sitting in their first lecture tomorrow!

Imherefornow Sun 22-Sep-13 23:09:59

I have pouch envy! Why did I not think of one of those envy
Yes! yes! yes! to the Sunday feeling! Have been trying to sleep for ages but brain is too noisy. Have decided to watch David Attenborough on Iplayer. Hopefully that'll send me right off.

niceupthedance Mon 23-Sep-13 06:43:02

Got my first lecture today, good luck to the others starting too.

Quincejelly Mon 23-Sep-13 10:20:44

I have also just realised that I´m the only one thinking about using my 25 year old scientific calculator. Presumably I need a smartphone with a scientific calculator app, do I?

Imherefornow Tue 24-Sep-13 23:02:12

hmm...tried to post but it vanished confused

Anyway...I should think it's fine that you use a 25 year old scientific calculator. though may I suggest a trolley to carry it's great weight about grin

First day was loooong! Was very drained when I got home and feeling lonely. However, today was a better day and am looking forward to tomorrow. I think I'm going to be OK smile Just need to be disciplined!

Quincejelly Wed 25-Sep-13 06:56:30

That sounds good, Imherefornow. Even if it was a hard first day, things seem to be getting easier already.

I don´t start until next week so it´s good to hear about your experiences before I get to take the plunge!

I´m sure all the 18-20 year olds on my course will think I´m very cool rolling up with my shopping trolley!

niceupthedance Wed 25-Sep-13 18:34:03

God I'm so tired! Haven't even really done anything yet except turned up to lectures. Still a lot of admin stress though. I maintain that you don't know what call centre hell is until you've had to deal with student finance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now