I want to study something online - what are my options?

(5 Posts)
Grockle Tue 30-Jul-13 08:10:41

I have a degree & want to study something unrelated (women's history, religion/ philosophy) for my own benefit. I don't want the pressure or cost of a degree but it'd be nice if it were a structured course and maybe earnt me a certificate or counted towards a diploma or something, although that's no necessary.

I have no idea where to look or what is available nowadays. Can anyone help?

TinyDiamond Tue 30-Jul-13 09:26:06

look at coursera. There are loads of free online courses these days. Enjoy

NicholasTeakozy Tue 30-Jul-13 10:19:48

Free courses from MIT, which I think is fantastic.

Nps1976 Tue 30-Jul-13 16:25:16

I started studying accountancy whilst pregnant as my brain went a bit mushy in my first pregnancy and I was keen to keep my brain active this time. It was purely for self satisfaction as I had a perfectly good non accountancy job which I had no intention of leaving. I used free on line lectures and bought study books. I've done it all from home.

2 years on and I've jacked in my old job and start my first accountancy job this week.........

I started at the basic levels, but just seemed to keep going, and am now half way towards chartered status.

There are plenty of diploma's and QCB's (I think that's the name of the new NVQ type things) along the way.

Grockle Tue 30-Jul-13 19:30:38

Brilliant, thank you so much for the info smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now