Shameless boast thread

(24 Posts)
MissMogwi Sat 29-Jun-13 10:33:42

We don't have one for all our achievements this year, so I'll start!

In a not so stealthy boast, I am very proud to say I have just found out I have a 2:1 in English, that's MissMogwi
(BA Hons) if you don't mind grin

Join me and show off your achievements. Whether you have finished your studies, or just completed part of it, come and brag like me!
winethankswine

WellHmmm Sat 29-Jun-13 21:33:48

Very well done to you and some wine.

Stopanuary Mon 01-Jul-13 09:54:04

Very well done MissMogwi flowers What's next for you?

I'm still waiting for my final results... uni appears to have mislaid them hmm

ChunkyFicken Mon 01-Jul-13 11:03:47

Oh well done MissMogwi! What are your plans now?

I'm about to embark on an English degree. Have you any regrets, like wishing you had done a vocational one?

My not-so stealthy boast is I think I have got all Distinctions in my Access course and I have five offers from four unis (not sure if the last is something to boast about but I feel quite pleased!).

MissMogwi Mon 01-Jul-13 19:19:33

Thanks wine

Stop I think I would have combusted if they'd lost mine. I was shaking when I opened the letter even though I kind of knew). Hope they get it sorted out quickly.

Chunky, if I may call you that grin. I have no regrets, as I have enjoyed the course so much. I'm considering doing a Masters next year, depending on ££. Possibly a PGCE, I don't know.
I also did the Access course, and loved it, it was great preparation for Uni.

I won't pretend it was always easy, because at times I wondered why the hell I was putting myself through it! However, I'm so glad I did as it was very fulfilling, if that makes sense.

MissMogwi Mon 01-Jul-13 19:23:41

Oh and four offers, and all distinctions is marvellous, dahling!

You should be very proud!

ChunkyFicken Mon 01-Jul-13 20:19:07

That makes perfect sense. I know there will be days when I think 'what the hell was I thinking' but I've discovered there are days like that whatever I do!

Fully prepared to have to carry on studying after the BA too - sounds like you have lots of choices! Nice position to be in grin

ShadeofViolet Thu 04-Jul-13 07:39:20

I have just about finished year one (bar a 3500 word essay). So far this year I have got quite good marks on my assignments (69,71,75,75,74).

I am most impressed that I managed to survive the whole year. Even though I am only part time its been a bloody hard slog at times.

Well done to everyone else on the thread too smile. You should all be super proud of yourselves.

HotelTangoFoxtrotUniform Thu 04-Jul-13 07:52:38

Well done to everyone!

I found out last night that I came top of my year (first year, so it doesn't count towards the degree) out of a class of 56. Am feeling quite the girly swot. grin

mixedmamameansbusiness Fri 12-Jul-13 19:30:36

Marking place - results out next week. I did well last year 69, 70 as only the exams counted for first year and count towards the degree. Fingers crossed for this year.

MissMowgli well done. I echo everything you said, I am going into my third year and
absolutely love every second - even the bad ones.

Chunky - have you decided which you might accept?

ChunkyFicken Fri 12-Jul-13 21:09:30

Mixed - no I haven't made a decision. I'm even boring myself now. I think I need to visit the big, scary, London RG one again and then, hopefully, I will Know. Have been to an Open Day but strangely don't find them helpful.

BTW, you sound like you're doing v well. What sort of uni do you go to?

mixedmamameansbusiness Fri 12-Jul-13 21:40:27

I go to a London one. A small one sandwiched between two bigger.

Birkbeck - our campus is amongst UCL and SOAS and we share facilities sometimes. Would be happy to talk further about the Lindon unis if either of these are the scary one.

changechangechange Sat 13-Jul-13 11:46:26

Congrats and wine for everyone.

Mixedmama - I'm also waiting on Birkbeck results next week. I've just finished my fourth and final year. smile

Just finished a teensy access course to Psychology (will eventually do the degree!!) but am chuffed to bits as I wanted to give up half way through and it's the first academic course I've completed since 2010! wine

Congrats to everyone else! It's got to be one of the best feelings when you've completed something and it's paid off grin wine wine

mixedmamameansbusiness Sat 13-Jul-13 18:13:15

Well done Orchardkeeper.

Changechangechange oh how exciting. What are you planning to do now? If anything and what dubject did you do and what about Birkbeck??

changechangechange Sat 13-Jul-13 20:29:53

What about Birkbeck? ;)
I read Economics, and hopefully - if I can sort the finance, which is still a big if - I'm going on to MSc at SOAS this Autumn. I really enjoyed my time at Birkbeck and am a little surprised at how much I'm going to miss it! Really great place. What are you studying?

See, now I feel that I've completely outed myself and should nc again...

mixedmamameansbusiness Sat 13-Jul-13 20:38:30

Yes I have never changed since joining MN but over the course of the years I have definitely outed myself ... Definitely need a NC.

History, hopefully results and finance pending followed by MA.

I love BBK and pretty much want to stay forever. I love the dept and we have great historians. I like the demogra

mixedmamameansbusiness Sat 13-Jul-13 20:39:38

Demographic and its variety. Plus I like the campus feel what with UCL and SOAS next door. Don't get me started on Senate House, I'll be here hours.

ChunkyFicken Sat 13-Jul-13 23:28:34

It's not Birkbeck but Queen Mary. Still part of UofL with access to Senate House Library. Is that good?

Do you live in London? I don't so face a commute of 1hr 45 or thereabouts.

Xihha Tue 16-Jul-13 14:35:48

I've just finished my second year, I got distinctions for both modules in the first year and I got 82, 86, 84, 73 and 76 on my assignments for 1 course and 84, 81 and 79 on the other this year (I'm an OU student) just waiting on my exam results now before i get on to the modules I've really been looking forward to in October.

CircassianLeyla Tue 16-Jul-13 18:27:17

Well done. I have only just paid my fees so fingers crossed I will get my results on Friday.

CircassianLeyla Sat 20-Jul-13 14:02:19

Got them.

I took two modules and got a high 2:1 and a First. Same results as last year so very pleased.

changechangechange Wed 24-Jul-13 22:25:38

Eeeek. I got a first!

Xihha Thu 25-Jul-13 09:12:33

well done both of you, wish my damn results would hurry up and get here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now