what do you do if you dont get a good enough degree to do the masters?

(5 Posts)
juicychops Mon 20-May-13 17:39:21

thanks everyone. i want to do a psychology related masters and the OU are re evaluating all of their social science programmes at the moment. i did my degree with the OU so i think i would prefer to do my masters at an actual uni this time around

Still deciding on the specific course at the moment so once ive decided on which area of psychology to enter into then i can start ringing around to see who will let me in!

at least knowing that you got in Quack has given me hope.

i just want to do it to further my knowledge and career prospects so that i can hopefully begin a career in an area of psychology

hopefully one day...

mixedmamameansbusiness Sat 11-May-13 08:35:16

My uni also does a Graduate Certificate. It depends on your reasons for the MA. I want to stay in education just for the joy so am even considering short/certificate modules.

Although of course if you need the MA for either academic/vocational purposes then the advice already offered is spot on.

Speak to your tutors. I got a 2.2, needed a 2.1 but they let me do it.

Stopanuary Thu 09-May-13 05:47:01

You need to talk to your chosen institution and if they won't accept you then look at other providers who may have less stringent criteria.

You could also find out if the OU do anything with similar content.

juicychops Wed 08-May-13 19:13:36

is that it? is that it all over?

i got a 2:2 but needed a 2:1 or above to do the MA that i want to do. is it still possible to get on the course some how?

ive not spoken to anyone yet as ive been having a year break of studying since finishing my degree but looking to get back into studying now.

has anyone else been in this situation? what are my options?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now