Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

What has Mumsnet done for you?

(1 Post)
Shambala44 Mon 29-Apr-13 12:09:29

Hi all
I'm a long-term lurker on Mumsnet but this is my first post. I have a DD of 18 months and I'm also currently (attempting to) study for a Masters in Education. (I must be mad, don't know if I'm coming or going!) As part of my course I'm doing an essay about how Mumsnet enables women to learn, from a sociocultural perspective. I'm hoping that I can get some insights from you lovely people who've been more actively involved in posting. Any thoughts on the following?

How does advice and info on Mumsnet compare to other places you seek advice and support? Does it offer a different perspective?

Have you established independent relationships with other users? If so, how do these relationship help your process of learning to parent?

How do you learn on the site? From lurking? Posting? Another way? How have you helped others to learn?

Are there 'experts' on the site? If so, what makes them experts?

Does the fact that you are anonymous online help you to learn? If so, why?

Any opinions or ideas would be so so so welcome as I'm just starting to try to plan this and I have 2 weeks and a DD who likes to empty cupboards/climb/run around shouting!

Thanks in advance xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now