Last week of year one!

(8 Posts)
Manchesterhistorygirl Sun 21-Apr-13 21:20:42

I've got one timed essay to do and one exam. Neither of which I can do much about except some revision, but other than that I have my long essay which I spent all day in the uni library working on today that just requires another edit and bibliography doing and that's it. Done. Finished.

Year one of my history degree at an RG uni. Done. Giving myself a huge pat on the back because it was such a leap of faith and now I'm one week off finishing year one!

MissMogwi Mon 22-Apr-13 11:02:32

Have a pat on the back from me too. It's tough going!

Good luck with your final exam/essay!

mixedmamameansbusiness Wed 01-May-13 14:04:33

Well done, I have just finished year 2 of a history degree. What subjects have you studied this year?

mixedmamameansbusiness Wed 01-May-13 14:05:07

Well done, I have just finished year 2 of a history degree. What subjects have you studied this year?

Manchesterhistorygirl Thu 02-May-13 12:34:37

The making of Europe from 500-1400 and then same from 1700-1914. Medieval is NOT my bag, so I'm not looking at that for selection next academic year.

Also did a long essay n women, tea and empire.
History 10101. Skill learning.

Politics - Britain in the global context. Which was from '45-1990. Made me feel really old that one did, I lived through most of the focus of the course, thatcher and Blair.

Last but not least, the industrial revolution. That I really enjoyed!

I'm just starting to make my choices for year 2. smile

mixedmamameansbusiness Thu 02-May-13 17:43:44

Wow. I did Britain from 1750 and the British Empire this year.

I am definitely modern history. I am waiting in earnest for the year three timetable.

Manchesterhistorygirl Thu 02-May-13 20:16:42

Year 2 is much better for modern history at my place. It's been really intense, but also very enjoyable.

mixedmamameansbusiness Fri 03-May-13 06:50:35

We have a few choice historians too which makes for very enjoyable classes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now