Webchat with Green Party leader Natalie Bennett, TODAY at 1pm x

Distance learning French A-levels?

(2 Posts)
StickEmWithThePointyEnd Sun 07-Apr-13 20:29:26

Has anyone done this and can you recommend a course? I'd like to redo French (I got a C at AS level and dropped out of the A2 course half way through - idiot!) because I'd like to be able to study it at university eventually and all the courses require a French a-level (obviously).

mumandboys123 Sat 13-Apr-13 11:34:34

Hi - I teach Spanish and French. Unless you are a very natural linguist, I think distance learning with languages would be very difficult as you really need to discuss grammar points and understand why something is right/wrong. I would look for a course that provides you with good access to a tutor. Perhaps the OU would suit you as you can start from scratch with them and they are very tried and tested...if you want to attend a specific university, as an adult they can be more flexible with your qualifications than they are when you enter straight from 6th form so do have a look at all your options and give an admissions tutor a call at your preferred university to discuss it. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now