Anyone else procrastinating like a good 'un?

(22 Posts)
MissMogwi Thu 14-Mar-13 12:34:00

I've got so much work. Books are piled up precariously around me, I have coffee breath and I've gone a bit bonkers from stress.

But, I find myself on here obviously, bloody Pinterest and Facebook when I should be working.

Ugh, I just can't be arsed.
<pins another funny ecard>

Stopanuary Thu 14-Mar-13 12:51:59

I've procrastinated by making a beautiful timetable for all the wonderful work I'll be doing in the Easter holidays! grin

Obviously with this degree of time management skill deluded emoticon I will be able to Spring clean two houses, titivate two gardens, complete all assignments and revise for the end of April exams... oh and the minor matter of applying for jobs. wink

MissMogwi Thu 14-Mar-13 14:17:10

Course you will. <lies>

That's a lot to be getting on with. Have some wine.

I like to make lists, I put things on I've already done so I can cross them off and feel good. Important stuff Like watched This Morning

I've got two essays and my dissertation due in by 17th April. First of which is due next Friday, I've done about 500 words so far. I know what I'm doing, have all my sources sorted ...yet here I loiter.

gingergran Thu 14-Mar-13 18:02:41

Meeeeeeeeee

Manchesterhistorygirl Thu 14-Mar-13 18:20:45

Hello yes! 3 essays due end of April and a shot load of reading to do. What am I doing? Why playing On here and Facebook and tinkering with my online food order. grin

djelibeybi Thu 14-Mar-13 18:22:45

I'm going to procrastinate tomorrow.

akaemmafrost Sat 16-Mar-13 14:23:23

grin At your title.

As I am sitting in my car right now thinking about how many more days I can go without studying and still hand in a halfway decent essay in ten days time.

MissMogwi Sat 16-Mar-13 15:53:31

Thinking about studying is half the battle, sort of.

I'm just scoffing an extra nutty Snickers and thinking about switching the laptop on. Go me!

kohl Sat 16-Mar-13 16:01:19

Me. This essay is actually going to kill me. I've turned off the wireless on my laptop to stop procrastinating and yet here I am mumsnetting on my phone. What a loser. An hour til DH brings DD back. Must write some words.....

Just make a quick coffee first.....

MissMogwi Sun 31-Mar-13 15:56:49

I'm baaaaack.

First essay was completed and sent in. The second is 50% done, then just the bastard dissertation to finish. Then I'm free. Never again shall I bang my head on the keyboard in frustration, never again shall I pop Pro Plus to force myself awake.

We've had take away far too much recently, and it will not get any better until after 17th of April. Then back to healthy ish mum who doesn't mainline coffee. Probably.

How's everyone else?

gingergran Mon 01-Apr-13 10:49:19

I have an EMA due for Thursday. One part done so 50% out of the way already but really can't get motivated. Course is only pass/ fail. Only need 40% to pass EMA and because I have already done and passed part 1 in reality I only need 10% from part 2 to pass the module. How many marks do you get for writing your name correctly??

Meglet Mon 01-Apr-13 10:55:22

gingergran grin at 'how many marks do you get for writing your name correctly?'

I'm on an OU opening course (did one last year too) it's only a 700 word 'essay', have managed 699, but I need to tweak it to a good 700 by thursday. I have a possibly misguided hope I can finish it while the kids watch kung-fu panda this afternoon hmm.

mixedmamameansbusiness Mon 01-Apr-13 11:55:16

I have been in the uni library for an hour. Just read the Game of Thrones thread. I am supposed to be writing an essay that was due in on 19th March! Lucky it is a 100% exam year.

gingergran Mon 01-Apr-13 11:55:37

This is level 1 course but only worth 15 marks and only pass/fail. Already got 90% for the coursework and approx 80% for the first EMA part - multiple choice questions. Just got 8 x 100 word answers to go but am soooooo bored of it an just cant be bothered

MissMogwi Mon 01-Apr-13 13:39:28

Glad to see everyone else is as busy as me. I haven't done a thing so far today (other than housework). I can't concentrate with the DC about, therefore I am now eating Easter egg and watching Jewel of the Nile.

Stopanuary Mon 01-Apr-13 14:29:47

Snow has stopped gardening/spring cleaning so some study has been done...

Last assignment is due on 29th April and final exam is on 1st May so feeling far too relaxed as that's a long way off!

I have an interview tomorrow morning and I'm giving a talk at a local community group tomorrow afternoon so I'm prepping for those today.

Wednesday & Thursday I've got two somewhat aspirational job applications to complete then back to the study next week.

Good luck to all studying/trying to study/procrastinating smile

GypsyFloss Sat 06-Apr-13 20:25:09

I'm here, dicking about when I should be researching articles for the meeting with my dissertation supervisor next week. I've read all of Mumsnet and even bought a Boden handbag in an attempt to delay the inevitable. I can't wait for this to end grin

MissMogwi Sun 07-Apr-13 15:15:50

Gah. Can someone invent a time machine and take me about ten days in to the future, it would all be done and in.

I'm soooo tired.

GypsyFloss Sun 07-Apr-13 16:46:24

Whilst I'd like for your ordeal to end MissMogwi I really can't afford to lose 10 days. What I need is another 6 months please smile

You're nearly done...think of the utter relief when it's all over. And the swearing that you'll never, ever do it again ...until the thinking about the MA/PHd creeps in ...

ameliem Sun 07-Apr-13 21:38:03

Hi everyone. Im a Master student in Psychology at LSE and I am doing a research project for which I could need your help.
I have a short online Questionnaire which aims to explore the role of digital photography in family life. In the past decade, the emergence of digital cameras and smartphones made it possible for parents to document and picture their children’s life to a much higher extent then ever before. I would love to hear about your experiences with photographing your children and I would be very happy if I get lots of responses.
Happy Procrastinating and Big Thanks!
https://lse.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9tYncYquxvpXEyx

Salbertina Tue 09-Apr-13 07:27:27

How's it going MissM et al?
Dissertation, dissertation, dissertation must dust off that long neglected draft lit review- i will get back to it now --no iplayer access--life less in the way smile

MissMogwi Wed 10-Apr-13 08:17:45

It's going ok, thanks Salbertina. It will get done. Hard going with the DC off, have arranged holiday club some days (££), but DD2 has a radar that goes off when I have a deadline and always gets ill. So it's hard to concentrate with her trailing after me.

People <eyes sister and exp> are annoying me, "have you finished your work," or even better "why haven't you finished it yet?" Well, if you'd stop popping round mithering I might have!

Back to the coffee and the books. Good luck to all with deadlines, we can do it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now