Whats the difference between NVQ level 3, certificate and diploma?

(3 Posts)
Movingforward123 Wed 06-Mar-13 09:26:42

Apart from more work? you need 30 credits to complete the certificate and 40 credits to complete the diploma. I am close to the end of my nvq level 3 in business admin, and I am starting a new course soon. I want to stop at the certificate, but I know I should continue.

The reason I am doing this is because I want to teach business admin in a college, so I know the diploma would look better on paper, but everywhere I looked says you need a level 3 qualification in the subject you want to teach. It doesnt say if it should be a certificate or diploma.

Ive tried googling it but I cant find any info.

jennimoo Thu 07-Mar-13 04:48:27

NVQs aren't available anymore so unless you started the course some years ago you aren't studying that, although they are sometimes called it by people. They are QCF awards, certificates and diplomas. The credit value of your units will determine which you get

I think if you were to take the certificate you could top up in future but wonder if there's a time limit.

If its free I'd recommend getting the diploma as you will find it harder to get funding to complete it in future, if not impossible, and in my sector (health and social care) most people do full diplomas.
HTH

Movingforward123 Thu 07-Mar-13 14:24:37

I only started it in may last year. I can pay a small amount to top up to do the diploma which is around £45. So I tho l I better continue and do the diploma grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now