Proving that I'm reading enough

(8 Posts)
ProlificWillyBreeder Mon 18-Feb-13 21:34:06

Ah I see.

KobayashiMaru Mon 18-Feb-13 20:37:37

depends which style you need, which will depend on your subject. APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago?

ProlificWillyBreeder Mon 18-Feb-13 20:08:51

Sorry to hijack but is there a good guide to referencing?

KobayashiMaru Mon 18-Feb-13 18:42:43

yes, as bad guider says. I think it might help you to read up on referencing. quotes don't generally make up a lot of references.

badguider Mon 18-Feb-13 18:40:16

You can reference reading without actually quoting from it. In fact, i'd keep quotes to a minimum, but always include lots of references.

starsandunicorns Mon 18-Feb-13 18:36:36

Sorry post a bit muddled am on phone and skyfall has just started

starsandunicorns Mon 18-Feb-13 18:35:34

I need alot of quotes plus if i could a theory from two books I would use the book that I havent used yet so it would be a extra book on bio you may be quoting from just a few books say 6 but could of used ten.

Also even if you havent used the book fir a quote etc you should always put it in you bio hope that helps

Mogandme Mon 18-Feb-13 18:30:14

I am now in my 2nd year and my tutor has put a couple of times that I need to read more however I do read alot around the subject but not sure how much quoting I can put in an essay without it looking like a long list of quotes.

So how much quoting do you do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now