Proving that I'm reading enough

(8 Posts)
Mogandme Mon 18-Feb-13 18:30:14

I am now in my 2nd year and my tutor has put a couple of times that I need to read more however I do read alot around the subject but not sure how much quoting I can put in an essay without it looking like a long list of quotes.

So how much quoting do you do?

I need alot of quotes plus if i could a theory from two books I would use the book that I havent used yet so it would be a extra book on bio you may be quoting from just a few books say 6 but could of used ten.

Also even if you havent used the book fir a quote etc you should always put it in you bio hope that helps

Sorry post a bit muddled am on phone and skyfall has just started

badguider Mon 18-Feb-13 18:40:16

You can reference reading without actually quoting from it. In fact, i'd keep quotes to a minimum, but always include lots of references.

KobayashiMaru Mon 18-Feb-13 18:42:43

yes, as bad guider says. I think it might help you to read up on referencing. quotes don't generally make up a lot of references.

ProlificWillyBreeder Mon 18-Feb-13 20:08:51

Sorry to hijack but is there a good guide to referencing?

KobayashiMaru Mon 18-Feb-13 20:37:37

depends which style you need, which will depend on your subject. APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago?

ProlificWillyBreeder Mon 18-Feb-13 21:34:06

Ah I see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now