fertility treatment and studying for degree

(2 Posts)
rosina89 Fri 01-Feb-13 00:03:49

Hi everyone I am new to the site. Me and my soon to be husband are starting fertility treatment however I am also a first year studying. Ba mathematics. My question is has anybody here have a advice? On how my university will take this? Also anybody that has been through this.
Thank you

dotty2 Mon 04-Feb-13 11:00:30

Hi Rosina - I don't really have any advice, but didn't want your thread to go unanswered. Firstly, lots of students are also parents, so you won't be alone. But perhaps you are more concerned about time off for treatment, and then (fingers crossed) for maternity leave? And I guess the treatment will take its emotional toll, too, so you might need the odd assignment extension from that point of view, realistically. I'd suggest contacting your student union/welfare service for advice. Is your personal tutor sympathetic? If so, talk to her/him sooner rather than later. But if you think they're likely to be fazed, unsupportive or hostile - get some impartial advice about your rights first. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now