First day back from Mat Leave and its all going wrong

(6 Posts)
MrsHoarder Tue 29-Jan-13 17:17:31

Thought I had sorted everything out to finish my MSc, mix of DH taking time off and nursery for DS. Got a phone call late afternoon: "the Wednesday course is now a Thursday course." Both nursery mangers had left, DH can't take an extra day off on top of the day he is already covering and I don't know what we're going to do.

nextphase Tue 29-Jan-13 19:27:05

Sounds like you need to talk to Nursery tomorrow, and see if they have space on Thursday.
Don't suppose you've got any family round who could help out?

If they don't, and your supposed to be off on Thursday, you'll have to let work know you have plans which cannot be changed at this notice, so you'll have to complete the course next time in runs.

Its tough, but you can only be flexible to a point!

MrsHoarder Tue 29-Jan-13 19:58:49

No family within 100 miles and all the gps work. Could bribe DB (lost job last week) to drive down if desperate, or somehow get ds to the ggps, but that would be a very long day.

Tomorrow morning I will be on the phone to the nursery, then the department. As i'm paying to do it I really want to finish this year and move onto paid work. On the plus side the nursery is part of the university, so they will hopefully be understanding about a university cock up.

nextphase Wed 30-Jan-13 16:52:01

What have you got arranged for tomorrow?
Hope you've found something acceptable to all.

MrsHoarder Wed 30-Jan-13 19:32:28

I'm taking him into my lecture with a pile of toys tomorrow. Then going and talking to head of course, student support etc after lectures are over. They can't ignore me if i'm in front of their desk. Nursery were sympathetic but have no spaces to transfer ds to.

nextphase Wed 30-Jan-13 19:34:35

Fingers crossed that works OK, and Uni get the idea that changes like this mess everyone about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now