I can't believe you are here!

(14 Posts)
FiercePanda Tue 05-Feb-13 11:45:03

I'm in the library, trying to get a chunk of an essay written whilst DS is in school. At the moment I've written ~500 words (1500 word limit), and have some journal articles to harvest for supporting evidence. Fun fun fun! Hope everyone else is getting on well today.

2anddone Tue 05-Feb-13 11:25:00

Hello!! I have just found this topic too! I am in my second semester of my first year of and Early Years Degree and have 2 dc (7 and 4) am hoping once the youngest starts school in September I will have more time to get work done at the moment its done at night while they are asleep!

babypiffin17 Mon 04-Feb-13 23:03:45

Can I join too please? Started at brick university, had my LG now im at the ou. Hopefully on my last module to get my BA (Hons). Having a little break before I start reading again =)

NoHank Mon 04-Feb-13 13:34:39

FiercePanda thank you blush I am doing a degree in Health and Social Care, currently working as a registered childminder part time while I finish and up until July last year I was also an assessor for health and social care.

I am hoping to do my PGCE once I have my degree with a view to teaching FE. That's the plan anyway, providing I can get a place and we can afford for me to carry on working part time.

Now I have found this place I will probably spend far too much time here and on the rest of mumsnet than studying when I should be

FiercePanda Sun 03-Feb-13 21:41:01

NoHank, that's a fantastic achievement! What are you studying? I did a couple of OU level 1/60 credit courses before starting at bricks 'n mortar university in September.

MUS - how's fourth year treating you? I can't believe I'm almost finished first year already (finally!), term ends at the end of March, then I have two exams in late April, then that's me with one year under my belt.

This week, I'll be trying to juggle Philosophy and Politics essays, chronic pain and the industrial-strength painkillers I take to combat it (I have bilateral hip dysplasia; basically my hips are buggered and need to be rebuilt. Hoping to get one hip done by early summer, then spend the holidays healing up so I can start second year as normal), and DS has half term from Friday! DP works from home, but is ridiculously busy... somehow we'll keep the child fed and watered, maybe even entertained!!! grin

NoHank Sun 03-Feb-13 20:04:48

Can I say hello? I've been on mumsnet over 6 years, all of which I have been studying part time and I've only just found this topic.

This month I have started my 6th year with the ou. Providing I pass my final exam in October I will have completed my degree.

Does that count? Can I stay?

MatureUniStudent Sun 03-Feb-13 17:41:39

Waves - 4th year part time student here - feeling v overwhelmed this year and a bit rocky. But determined to hang in and grateful for the studentmumsnetters that tell me to get back to the assignment/revision/extensive reading when I am moaning on here! Welcome and sharpen your pencil - you are in for a roller coaster of a ride!

FiercePanda Thu 31-Jan-13 09:33:01

waves hello. First year Philosophy student here, about to enter essay prep hell. What courses are you all on? Enjoying them? I love mine, just wish I had more time for the reading etc, gets a bit hectic in the evenings!

Thankee Wiseman - one assignment set, another in the pipeline this week. Combined, they'll require about 9000 words I think. And some poking about outdoors. Hmmm!

On the plus side, I'd rather get them set during the first week back than later smile

wisemanscamel Sat 26-Jan-13 14:37:36

Hello! Good luck for next week. smile

That'll be me next week!! Term starts on Monday, so I'll probably be procrastinating like a good 'un as assignments will be set straight away.

BubblegumPie Fri 25-Jan-13 23:32:49

Hi Not I'll keep that in mind next time I am on MN when I'm meant to be working!

<Waves to Bubblegum>

Plenty of commiseration and/or kicking up the backside over on this topic as and when needed smile

BubblegumPie Fri 25-Jan-13 23:23:32

I did not know this topic existed!
<curtsies>
Nice to meet you all!

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now