Anyone else got an assignment due in the next couple of days and hopelessly procrastinating?

(22 Posts)
MrsHuxtable Sat 08-Dec-12 16:39:51

I honestly despair. Tell me I'm not the only one...

Chottie Sat 08-Dec-12 16:43:50

No, but I am going to tell you to stop faffing around and get it done! Obviously it is an assignment leading to a qualification? so be good to yourself and work towards achieving it. Times are tough and you need to have as many qualifications as possible nowadays. Focus on the future and think how proud you will be when you finish.

Repeat after me "I CAN DO IT" believe in yourself and you will do it. smile
p.s. one day you will thank me wink

giraffesCantFlyLikeReindeer Sat 08-Dec-12 16:45:15

yes but I am feeling very ill and sorry for myself. If I move I feel terribly nauseous.

SwedishEdith Sat 08-Dec-12 16:52:57

Checking in. House is looking a bit tidier though

MrsHuxtable Sat 08-Dec-12 17:02:26

i can do it <note the lack of capital letters>

Just re-read one of the questions I have to answer and I'm totally unsure whether I undeerstood it right. Think I will save that one for last and do the one I'm confident about first.

giraffes Are you pregnant or is it some sort of bug?

Swedish When's your assignment due? Mine's due on Monday.

I've had a few weeks of studying because DD has been sick on and off a lot, so now I find it really hard to get into the topic. Good thing I was very ahead before. Otherwise I'd be screwed.

itsashameaboutray Sat 08-Dec-12 17:05:31

I have the first of my Chartered Accountancy exams Monday and I can't get motivated. So no you aren't the only onegrin

SwedishEdith Sat 08-Dec-12 17:12:27

Tuesday. I've got aaaaaaaaaaagggggges yet

HSMM Sat 08-Dec-12 17:13:27

Not due in the next couple of days, but I had my first chance to do a big bit of paper bashing today and didn't manage a great deal (ate lots of chocolate though).

Yes. And the kids have got the pox

I'll be needing an extension

MrsHuxtable Sat 08-Dec-12 17:19:04

I'm such a fool. DH took DD (10 months) out for the afternoon so I could have some uninterrupted study time and all I've done is read the questions. They are now back and of course I'm faking great advancement in my endeavor. blush

mixedmamameansbusiness Sat 08-Dec-12 22:01:59

Yep and I have watched strictly and X factor. Due Tuesday an I do have some notes now that will eventually make coherent sense.

OscarPistoriusBitontheside Sat 08-Dec-12 22:05:25

Get it done. My final essay for this semester is written finally. Just needs some tweaking over the next day or so and it's on it's way in.

I've also been procrastinating but at least I know it's done now, you know it's a relief to have it mostly done.

Chottie Sun 09-Dec-12 15:52:55

How is it going?

Please don't let this opportunity slip through your fingers......

Benaberry Mon 10-Dec-12 10:37:05

Yes (well, not due in until 7th Jan, but with Christmas and New Year...)

The house looks v tidy, the Christmas preparations are the most organised they've ever been, and I've now got dh's rotten stinky cold so feeling sorry for myself. Ds2 being very clingy as well, which doesn't help.

I WILL get started on it today - after I've made some flapjacks and done the washing up...

MissMogwi Mon 10-Dec-12 12:36:43

I never have such a clean and tidy house and I'm never so organised as when I have a deadline.

I'm sat in the library now revising for todays exam but it just won't go in. Arrgh. I came in super early thinking I won't get as distracted as I would at home...

<Gazes out of window and eats fruit pastilles.>

MrsHuxtable Mon 10-Dec-12 17:09:55

Submitted the assignment on time. To be honest, it was neither that hard nor that time consuming. Just finding it incredibly hard at the moment to sit down, concentrate and write. Horrible...

What about everyone else?

MissMogwi Mon 10-Dec-12 17:36:08

wine For you Mrs. It feels great to hand it in doesn't it. grin

I've done my two fecking hour exam, hopefully it will be ok. On to the next one now.

Benaberry Mon 10-Dec-12 20:35:19

I didn't get started.

I did however wrap all the Christmas presents for the DC's...

MissMogwi Mon 10-Dec-12 21:01:16

That's an important part of the essay process Bena.

SalaDo Mon 10-Dec-12 23:50:09

I have my first English exam Wednesday, a psychology assignment due and I have a crap load of maths to do. I sitting sipping gin and watching TV. Excellent!

mixedmamameansbusiness Tue 11-Dec-12 19:09:26

Submitted before 6pm today. At last.

Good luck to all of you who still have exams and assignments due.

Chottie Tue 11-Dec-12 21:19:03

MrsHuxtable - YOU ROCK!!!! Well done, you've done yourself proud. I knew you could do it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now