Thinking of starting an MPhil onto a PhD, whilst 15weeks pregnant, with a 22mth old and a pretty much full time job? Am I mad?

(2 Posts)
AlphaBeta82 Fri 07-Dec-12 11:28:04

Hi,
I originally posted this in chat as didn't know this topic board existed so re-posting her in hope of a reality check, pragmatism and hope!
I have a 22mth old son and am 15 weeks pregnant. Potentially a once in lifetime opportunity has arisen for me to be funded to complete a MPhil going on to a PhD. This is something I have held as an ambition for a long time and a long term career path I would like to follow.
I am just concerned about timing? If I don't look at this opportunity now I am not sure if or when I will have a chance again due to funding cuts etc in the sector I work in. However juggling this with 2 young children seems daunting. I do have a very supportive DH and close family.
Has anyone done it? Is it possible? and what are the pitfalls? (or benefits if there are any!!)

mixedmamameansbusiness Sat 08-Dec-12 22:05:16

You can only try, if you have DH and family then you should be ok albeit crazy stressed at times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now