Can I sit in the corner, rock gently back & forward and cry? Please?

(18 Posts)
KatyMac Sat 24-Nov-12 10:01:23

The house flooded & DH was sent to a hotel as he was poorly & can't be around damp
The dishwasher burnt out as it had electric but no water post flood
DH came back & they said we were to go & live in a cottage for 3 weeks so they can do ceilings etc - so next weekend I have to pack & move out
DD still has 2 open days to go to & is stressing about the cat being by herself (despite me working from home); on the way to last last open day a neighbour knocked on the window to say out TV aerial was hanging by it's wire
The wood burner glass has lost it's clips so it needs new parts (rope & clips) fitted
I have 2 of my team on long-term sick
Finally found the second tiny leak and can't find a plumber to fix it
& yesterday the exhaust fell of DH's car

My EYP is due in on 30th Nov, 6000 words still to write and a 2 inch folder to compile & I'm being assessed on 19th Dec before going on holiday on 20th

<wibble>

insancerre Sat 24-Nov-12 11:57:15

<<offers hand to hold>>
and brew
keep going, you will be fine, just keep on writing

KatyMac Sat 24-Nov-12 12:03:31

Thanks

doyouwantfrieswiththat Sat 24-Nov-12 12:11:45

brew it's been at least 5 minutes since your last cup

hope you're going somewhere warm on the 20th

KatyMac Sat 24-Nov-12 12:12:48

God yes - Canaries & it's a cruise so lots of sleeping

insancerre Sat 24-Nov-12 12:20:21

Have you started any of the written tasks yet?
Try to write 2 today and 2 tomorrow.
That will just leave you with the supporting evidence to find. At least you own your own setting and will have access to everything.
The setting visit should be the easiest thing to plan (hopeful) as this will be the most familiar bit to you.
I have my setting visit on the 28th jan- except I don't have a seeting at the moment as I am 'between jobs'. Most of my evidence that I need is in settings that i no longer work in, so am havig to contact them next week to sweet talk them into photocopying stuff for me

KatyMac Sat 24-Nov-12 12:30:55

How awful for you

I have done one task & linked, planned one, & sketched out briefly the third & I have detailed plans for 2 of the 3 short ones

But I have writers block - so I am assembling the evidence just now then I will link it all

insancerre Sat 24-Nov-12 12:42:16

you are well on your way
why not go and do something else for a bit?
I find that I need some periods of reflection tothink things through (mostly before i get out of bed in the mornings)
but i have found doing things like ironing and washing up helps me with my thinking processes too
good luck anyway smile

KatyMac Sat 24-Nov-12 13:03:09

How are you doing? Can I help at all?

insancerre Sat 24-Nov-12 13:55:46

thanks katy, but I am doing ok at the moment, just collating everything together.
I have arranged to go in to a friend's nursery next week and plan to do a baby activity to cover task 1, which is babies, and she will write a witness statement for me.
I also have job interviews next week too, and a couple of days work covering in a nursery, so I am busy

KatyMac Sat 24-Nov-12 14:03:24

Oh that sound good

I can only just stop myself from crying atm which is just daft

insancerre Sat 24-Nov-12 14:16:52

no it's not daft. I have been there. i tried to withdraw from the course as i have had loads of personal problems too. (Dad has cancer, brother was beaten up and nearly died, dh is having mri scans and tests, teenage daughter is underperforming at school, ds is unemployed and now i have no proper job) I have been on a bit of a rollercoaster ride too.
Anyway, my tutors would not let me resign, they have every confidence in me, even if I don't have any at the moment. it is their help and support that is getting me through this.
So, keep positive, it will be worth it when it is finished. You run a fantastic setting, you are more than worthy of the EYPS award.

KatyMac Sat 24-Nov-12 14:48:54

Oh poor you; how are you coping?

At least all mine is just stuff

insancerre Sat 24-Nov-12 15:45:56

I am doing ok, thanks. I have been on the bottom but am now on my way back up.

KatyMac Sun 25-Nov-12 14:15:56

Oh I am glad; I'll be thinking of you all

mixedmamameansbusiness Tue 27-Nov-12 20:55:24

Gosh, I do hope you all get through. I am feeling the stress too. We are not alone.

KatyMac Thu 29-Nov-12 23:13:36

I'm trying to defer it until the end of January - I just can't do that too

insancerre Fri 30-Nov-12 07:55:28

good luck katy
and mixedmama too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now