If you're an OU student, I'd love to hear your thoughts...

(6 Posts)
mummymellymoo Sat 10-Nov-12 08:51:12

I was wondering if I could pick your lovely brains. I've got an interview for a communications job with the OU next week and think it would strengthen my case if I went armed with a few opinions from their audience. The focus is peripheral new media communications with students (ie not details about courses, tutors etc) but the community communication side - eg OU Platform and the news emails etc we get, also Facebook and Twitter. Is there anything you'd like to see more of or different ways to communicate (eg, less online stuff, physical magazines etc), and what sort of content interests you? Do you actually read emails they send or read stuff on OU Platform? Also in terms of accessibility, are there any issues with the way they deliver community content. I would really appreciate your thoughts. Many thanks in advance x

RumoursOfAWhiteChristmas Sat 10-Nov-12 19:24:03

I tend to glance at the emails I get. I used to love the magazine I got, but it's all emails now.

I never use Platform. I find it confusing. I tend to stick to the OUSA Live forums. I tend to read the bits of the emails thta sound interesting but that's all.

gingergran Tue 13-Nov-12 00:24:50

Don't use platform or ousa pages at all.

Now that the OU seem to be headed in the direction of more and more online content and less tutorials I have neither the time nor inclination to read other OU stuff online.

Also official OU forums dont encourage the use of Facebook at the moment. Maybe tat would change if they had official OU pages

TinyDiamond Tue 13-Nov-12 23:52:33

marking space back tomorrow with lots

BrittaPerry Tue 13-Nov-12 23:57:06

I use unofficial student fb groups loads. For me, the more online the better - I mostly study using my ipad, so I also like news etc to come online too.

I don't really use the official forums because they are a bit dead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now