HAHAHAHAHA

(13 Posts)
giraffesCantGoGuisingAsZebras Mon 29-Oct-12 22:38:15

I a trying to begin work on an assignment. I have no idea what the hell I am doing.

<manic laugh>

Oh my god. Why did I think I could do this?!

crazynanna Mon 29-Oct-12 22:43:13

smile

Here is the email I sent to my tutor with the piece of crap small coursework attached.

Here is my very feeble attempt at the piece of work set.

Please feel free to decorate with red lines, insults and ritual burning.

Kind Regards

Just read the question, read again, and again, and again.....

something will come to you wink

GhostShip Mon 29-Oct-12 22:46:58

I do this.

I get the assignment outline, think WHAT THE FECK and panic. Then someone translates the question into language I can understand and I'm fine.
I'm always like 'why didn't they just say that then, instead of putting it all complicated like' wink

ISeeDeadFairies Mon 29-Oct-12 22:48:12

What's subject/question. Us mnetters ain't just pretty faces you know!

giraffesCantGoGuisingAsZebras Mon 29-Oct-12 23:24:00

Masters in childhood and youth.

Have to chose between 2 options - one is imitation/intimacy and other is play with peers. Now the play one is my thing. I love it. BUT I read both journals and I am not actually sure what the hell they are on. I mean I get what they did but I don't get what they proved or disproved?! hmm And I can't really compare them/comment on them if I don't know.

So am I am about to print out journal for the intamicy one and see how that goes.

I get the idea of what I am to do...but how can you do it if you don't have a flying fuck what the journals are meant to be saying?!

giraffesCantGoGuisingAsZebras Mon 29-Oct-12 23:25:00

On the plus side - currys have a printer for 29pound that is reduced from 49! And it is a beast of a thing! Wireless, fancy screen, scanner thingy. WOW! And it fires out paper so fast!

VintageRainBoots Mon 29-Oct-12 23:30:16

I feel that way all the time, too, with my homework. At first, I think it's just me who doesn't understand it, but then I finally get brave and ask other students, only to find practically no one else understands, either.

Fortunately, I'm pretty much finished with the homework portion of my programme. I voluntarily signed up for one course this quarter that assigns homework, a course I wanted to take rather than one I had to take. The prof is pretty lax about homework, which is such a welcomed contrast to last year when I had to take three classes each quarter, each with midterm exams, final exams, AND ample homework.

MissMogwi Tue 30-Oct-12 12:57:34

I always feel like that with the first essay of the academic year. I start panicking and sweating, mumbling to myself about jacking it in and running away. grin

I have to just start writing even if it's shite and I re do it, it just starts me off.

Good luck!

KateSpade Tue 30-Oct-12 13:00:52

If you fancy a swap, I'm sewing a jacket?

giraffesCantGoGuisingAsZebras Wed 31-Oct-12 05:17:06

miss i think you are right. I might open a document at least then it is started! wink

a jacket? erm ok then. (acn I buy one and pass it off as my own?)

giraffesCantGoGuisingAsZebras Wed 31-Oct-12 05:17:37

Because I have struggled with sewing spiders on to my outfit for today! blush

ScapeGoat Tue 04-Dec-12 18:04:39

You lot sound as though you are doing better than me - I've failed my first assignment (MA). Why the heck did I think I could do a MA????

MissMogwi Wed 05-Dec-12 16:50:45

Sorry to hear that ScapeGoat. Can you resit or resubmit? Or can you pull it back with future marks?

Don't give up! wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now