Anyone sitting OU DD307 exam tomorrow?

(39 Posts)
lunchbox Wed 10-Oct-12 13:07:18

Just wondered if I was the only one bored to tears with revising.

InterpretativeRepertoires Wed 10-Oct-12 13:25:24

What? Procrastinating on MN rather than looking at my notes? Nope. Not me.
I have even NC in honour...

It is v boring isn't it, and I still don't get Groups. <<<sigh>>>

Roll on this time tomorrow! Good luck.

lunchbox Wed 10-Oct-12 15:41:23

Glad it's not just me smile

Where are you taking exam?

I've given up for a bit before my head explodes. And staying well away from the Facebook page as it makes me panicky as everyone on there seems to know more than me!

lunchbox Wed 10-Oct-12 15:43:03

Btw if you could explain to me exactly what an interpretive repertoire is, I'd be very grateful! ( I know it's something to do with discursive, but never quite figured it out properly)

toomuchpizza Wed 10-Oct-12 15:56:01

Good luck to you both. I have SD329 on Monday and am really struggling with revision, not getting anywhere. I can't wait for it to be over!

lunchbox Wed 10-Oct-12 15:58:45

Me too, this is my last course and then I've finished my degree, but have no enthusiasm for it any more.

Just can't wait for it to be over!

webwiz Wed 10-Oct-12 16:10:11

An interpretative repertoire is a term used in discourse analysis - if I talked to you about a "pushy mother" you would be able to access a "repertoire" of descriptions that describe the concept of a pushy mother. We would both share a lot of the descriptions and recognise them and in a conversation we could construct a shared meaning for the concept. You could develop a wonderful interpretative repertoire for "typical mumsnetter"!

lunchbox Wed 10-Oct-12 16:13:40

Webwiz that's really helpful, thanks smile

webwiz Wed 10-Oct-12 16:14:57

Now can you explain to me what the difference between critical reflexivity and reflexivity is!

lunchbox Wed 10-Oct-12 16:21:33

Erm no.

Actually I'll give it a shot,

Reflexivity is kind of linked to the self, we have reflexiveness of the mind so we can imagine how others see us. Or to look at an issue from another viewpoint.

Critical reflexivity is (I think) using an alternative viewpoint to critique a theory or type of methodology or approach. So a phenom approach may involve critical reflexivity of a soc cog approach, looking at how our lived experience is a more appropriate method of approaching an issue.

webwiz Wed 10-Oct-12 16:23:12

Oooh thats good smile

InterpretativeRepertoires Wed 10-Oct-12 16:36:42

I think I am past the point of thinking anything useful, let alone verbalising it. Will you two come back tomorrow/Friday so we can compare how nice/nasty the questions were?! FWIW, I agree with both your definitions. I am just thankful I can spell interpretative repertoires. As for entitativity...

webwiz Wed 10-Oct-12 16:40:14

erm I'm not actually doing this exam mine's D844 on monday blush

lunchbox Wed 10-Oct-12 16:49:37

Entitivity is when something is an entity in its own right, ie a group is a thing rather than a selection of individuals.

This is making me feel better!

lunchbox Thu 11-Oct-12 14:58:28

Well it's all over finally!
How did you find it?

I don't think I answered the questions particularly well, but I did get alot of information down so hopefully that will count for something!

SummerRain Thu 11-Oct-12 15:05:56

envy

I'm sitting s216 tomorrow, nowhere near ready, not helped by spending half the day at the docs with dd who needed the nebulizer.

On the plus side.... Come 5.30 tomorrow I have 3 months study free, my first break since 2010 grin

rodgette Thu 11-Oct-12 21:46:00

I sat it today hope you all did okay
not sure how I did..... oh well at least we got it done *

rodgette Thu 11-Oct-12 21:50:27

oops! sorry DD307 I mean and I was the same, wrote loads, not sure if it was any good, felt quite comfortable though, so there you go. Good luck to everyone else sitting exams for the open uni soon! that was my last one too! Yey, my degree is hopefully done, December cannot come quick enough, 6 years and a NVQ and a set of twins later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InterpretativeRepertoires Thu 11-Oct-12 22:09:54

Yay, it's over! Well done lunchbox and rodgette. And good luck SummerRain for tomorrow.

I thought it was ok. I wrote loads - over 6 pages for each - but while I think I answered the question, I don't think I was critical of the critical perspectives at all - whoops! I had it all in my notes, but for some reason got stuck in a 'cog social is bad, critical is good' mindset and didn't bring up any shortcomings of pheno/discursive...

Never mind. All done now thankfully smile

No more boring study! For a while at least wink.

SummerRain Thu 11-Oct-12 22:37:50

Thanks IR. smile

Congrats to all those done already, especially rodgette... 2 years til I'm done with the degree, seems like eternity right now!

webwiz Fri 12-Oct-12 10:36:03

Am very envy that you have done your exam - not only is mine on Monday and so will ruin this weekend, its in the afternoon and so I won't know what to do with myself in the morning.

SummerRain Fri 12-Oct-12 19:23:21

Done!

Not happy but at least it's over with.

Good luck on Monday webwiz smile

rodgette Fri 12-Oct-12 20:57:32

Thank you IR , worried now you wrote loads more than me, lol!
Keep going SR you will get there, Its like the three driving tests I took,its magic now I can drive my car officially!!! Im sure you have done well SR, I feel the same though, terrified of having to resit i think.
Webwiz, I spent lots of time revising (on ebay, I should say) best of luck for Monday! Monday night will feel great!
Have a great weekend all *

InterpretativeRepertoires Tue 16-Oct-12 10:57:54

Well, rodgette, someone on the FB page says they wrote 32 pages shock. That can't be right, surely?! Unless they have VERY BIG handwriting! Apparently the exam paper is on the website now - I don't think I can face seeing it again.

lunchbox - I am hoping for positive marking. I can think of loads I didn't say, but I'm hoping all that I did get down will help smile.

webwiz, bet you feel better today! Hope it went well.

SummerRain - are we ever happy after an exam?! Hope you had a lovely weekend...

webwiz Tue 16-Oct-12 11:21:14

I'm glad its over with but I have lots of "I'll do that after my exam" things to do and I'm far too exhausted to do anything today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now