Me? Procrastinate? Never! I needed a cup of tea, and to visit the toilet twice, and to check my emails & texts, and feed the cat.....& I'm poorly you know

(19 Posts)
KatyMac Sun 07-Oct-12 08:11:24

Only 6000 words to go
3x750
2x2000
1xthe rest of 2000 - I think I've done about 1000

But I'm ill you know; so I can't

Bonkerz Sun 07-Oct-12 08:25:01

I have an exam on 16th and as yet know nothing about the subject. Every day starts with good intentions but procrastination takes hold and I have a sparkling house because of it. Need to knuckle down cos I feel physically sick about it all now.

KatyMac Sun 07-Oct-12 08:35:34

What is it?

Bonkerz Sun 07-Oct-12 08:49:51

Ed209 with OU. Developmental psychology!

lunchbox Sun 07-Oct-12 08:51:44

It's amazing how much housework gets done when a tma or exam is looming.

I have an exam on the 11th, haven't done much revision but my bathroom is sparkling grin

KatyMac Sun 07-Oct-12 11:09:36

& I'm catching up with Strictly

KatyMac Sun 07-Oct-12 18:45:50

Well I have spelt more than half the day away & I still feel awful sad

gingergran Fri 12-Oct-12 11:46:32

Have TMA due Tuesday - probably a good idea to start it??

Good luck with the TMA.

I'm wishing I hadn't started this module. It started in Jan so hit Feb half term, easter hols, June half term, 6 week hols, plus me having tootheache for 6 weeks, tonsillitus for 2 weeks and today, dd2 has been sent home from nursery with diarrhea so I've lost my revision day for the exam on Weds. Did I mention I'm massively behind sad. Can I just sit in the corner and rock a little?

gingergran Mon 15-Oct-12 09:36:04

Still working on TMA - 3 x 350-450 word sections to do by tomorrow.

In the words of Bob the Builder 'Can we do it? Yes we can'! but then Bob didnt have mumsnet to play with...

Did you get your TMA done?

How's everyone getting on? I am currently procrastinating - got two assignments to do, one of which we're going through in tomorrow's lecture - both due in Dec. So far I have downloaded a lot of interesting-looking papers and cut and pasted some useful bits to start the introduction to one.

I am meant to be reviewing a paper also for discussion tomorrow.

However, my day didn't start as planned and I ended up having to do a 4 mile round trip walk, from which I've been back 20 minutes. Currently having a cup of tea and some biscuits....

How can I get on and get this done when there's MN-ing to do?!

Um, I have 30 pages to finish the block I'm currently reading. Then I could really do with reading the 200 pages of block 3. I'm currently reading at a pace of 4 pages per hour and my exam is tomorrow. Perhaps I'd be better off inventing time travel hmm <panic>

Bonkerz Tue 16-Oct-12 19:08:14

Exam done today. Was a nightmare. Q completely different to last few years and instead of one Q relating to 1 chapter like before it was one Q could relate to up to 4 chapters. Result basically was I answered seen question and added extra but only answered one of the two other Qs! December till I get results sad

gingergran Thu 18-Oct-12 20:11:35

Bonkerz, I started ED209 in February but had to take deferred study for all sorts of reasons and having read the feedback on the facebook pages and now your comments, I have never been more relieved.

I hope they take the students and more significantly the tutors adverse comments with regard to the exam into account when marking the papers. Maybe they will give more weighting to the seen question than they would otherwise.

Still, I hope in December you will find out it was not as bad as you think

KatyMac Sat 20-Oct-12 09:19:00

Still doing the same piece of work from all those weeks ago

gingergran Sat 20-Oct-12 13:23:00

Katymac, I think you win the crown as queen of procrastination!

KatyMac Sat 20-Oct-12 18:53:01

Possibly & I didn't do well today either

Still trying to read a scientific paper - but it's too full of mathematics/physics for me. I get the basic concepts they've listed in their 'bullet points' but not the raft of equations and graphs.
I've only got to make enough sense of it to relate it to a policy document and circulate those findings to my classmates by tomorrow afternoon. And we have to go food shopping yet. And I'm out tomorrow morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now