Deferring an OU exam - can you defer it twice?

(9 Posts)

That's it really. Has anyone ever deferred an exam (for health reasons or whatever) and then deferred the resit as well?

I should have sat the exam in June, I have the resit soon but don't think I will be able to do it.

gingergran Thu 04-Oct-12 11:11:40

Don't think you can but check with student support

Thanks - have decided not to sit it, and if no resit, then whatever. Not worth the trauma and hassle. Feel relieved actually smile

tartanbuggy Thu 04-Oct-12 17:25:34

I've just applied to defer my EMA. Bit worried about it really. Are they very strict with what they allow? How does deferring work? I've never got a full answer to that. I guess with exams, you just defer until the next sitting. But I'm not sure how it works with EMAs. That's supposing I'm ever allowed to find out.

Chopstheduck Thu 04-Oct-12 17:26:50

I've not had problems deferring emas in the past. If it is the first time, I'm sure you will have no problems, they generally are very supportive if you contact student services.

tartanbuggy Thu 04-Oct-12 17:31:12

I send in an email explaining today, but not sure how long it takes them to come back to me. I feel awful trying to explain what's happened and why it's affected my ability to complete the bloomin' thing. I keep thinking perhaps I should have been able to do it and feel like a fraud. Fingers crossed.

Just in case anybody has a similar query in future and does a search, the answer is yes you can defer twice (provided you have the relevant medical evidence and the OU accept it) but you must sit the exam on the third go. If you fail the exam at that point, you won't be offered a resit either.

gingergran Wed 24-Oct-12 13:53:11

Glad you have the chance to defer again. Exams are stressful enough without additional pressures. When will you have to take the exam now?

June. I will have forgotten loads by then but I just need to pass it so I can get my degree in 2014.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now