How long did to take you to complete an OU degree and what degree was it?

(9 Posts)
crazy8 Wed 26-Sep-12 09:58:10

Am considering starting an OU degree and was originally thinking about doing a history degree. Having given it a lot of thought I am now pretty sure I want to do the Combined Sciences degree. I just wanted to know how long others have taken to complete the degree and also what degrees they studied.

docket Wed 26-Sep-12 10:00:48

I am doing a psychology degree with the OU. It is going to take me 6 years (that includes a year out when I had DC3.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do!

Netguru Wed 26-Sep-12 10:05:06

Three years. On maternity leave for six months during but working full time the rest.

Would not recommend this speed for most. My job involves report writing and research anyway. One module a year is less of a rush.

Got Social Science (economics) BSc first class

Waspie Wed 26-Sep-12 10:07:58

6 years part time as I was working full time throughout. I did BA(Hons) with History and English Lit. Good luck, it's a great experience smile

Rumours Wed 26-Sep-12 21:55:36

6 years, I've just finished smile, I've done an open degree studying a bit of science but mainly math modules.

Kaloobear Wed 26-Sep-12 21:58:55

I did a MA in Literarure over 4 years. It was supposed to be over 3 but I had a year out in the middle because of finances. I was working full time and it was hard but worth it!

Sonatensatz Sun 30-Sep-12 17:55:54

I'm just about to sit my final exam for the OU law degree. It's taken me 5 years to complete. I'm a sahm with 4 kids the eldest was pre-school age when I started and the youngest is still at home now. It's been hard work and a lot of juggling, but absolutely worth it.

TheFallenMadonna Sun 30-Sep-12 18:00:48

4 years, Psychology.

Only did the level 2 and level 3 courses as I already have a degree and could transfer credit.

Loved it!

MobileDad Tue 16-Oct-12 09:57:07

Will be 5 years when I finish next year (30 point project to do). Bsc(Hons) Computing with Business

Got my last exam tomorrow EEEK

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now