Thinking of doing a Masters...

(4 Posts)
reshetima Sat 18-Aug-12 18:11:30

Don't despair though: in the future, with solid work experience behind you, some universities will consider a lower degree.

Thanks Lambskin, I thought that was the case.

I've been given an idea by my boyfriend, who has recently been offered the use of a very large space, to set up as an office (he wants to start a small business too). Apparently the space would easily be big enough for his needs, plus some space for a studio for me. I'm just in the process of talking to the gentleman who owns the space to find out the details.

If I can use this space, my business could be up and running in 6-9 months, I think.

But at least I'm not attempting to get onto a course that would do me no good.

Bit annoyed most places won't take a 2:2, I was told that was a good degree!

Lambskin Fri 17-Aug-12 15:10:15

Honestly you may find it very difficult getting accepted on a MA with that classification. If you are already good at and doing the photography could you not try starting up in business doing that? An MA is expensive and won't necessarily help you to get a job, it also sounds as though it's the practical side of photography you enjoy, not the academic.

What did you do for your dissertation/final project? Was it something you could develop on?

OK, so short version is, I don't have DC yet, and recently graduated from a film production course, with a 2:2, after some mishaps through no fault of my own led me to having to retake 6 months (chicken pox).

I'd really, really like to save some money and do a Masters degree, but I'm not sure if it should be in Photography (something I'm passionate about) or something a bit more... normal. That's if I can even get onto a "normal" course now, with my degree, and my classification.

I'm struggling to find work now, and think another qualification might be the way to go.

Any advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now