Day 4 cold turkey

(4 Posts)
Rafeontherun Fri 11-Nov-16 11:14:44

I want to cry and scream and fight the world sad

I don't want to be addicted to nicotine anymore but I am miserable, shakey, angry, depressed

Over 20 years I've smoked for 13 quit for 4 and vaped for 3. I moved back to smoking a year ago and went cold turkey 4 days ago.

I'm trying to persuade myself that actually it's fine if I just vape but don't smoke. Why is this so hard? I don't want to smoke anymore but I can feel myself bargaining in my head.

Mooogles Fri 11-Nov-16 19:36:15

Hi Rafeontherun, I am on day 7 cold turkey and it is getting easier. Keep going as you have done the worst bit now and you don't want to have to do it again!

floculated Fri 25-Nov-16 14:30:42

Tell your mind that your cravings to vape and/or smoke are normal and must be overcome to meet the end objective. I am day 3 cold turkey and I feel very strange like you. I feel like I'm bouncing around in my mind and I cant concentrate on work or anything. I don't want a cigarette and haven't since I stopped. I know it will just taste horrible and I'll be back to square one.

TheFlyingFauxPas Sat 26-Nov-16 01:42:16

I'm 8 weeks in. No a ciggie since 1st Oct 😊 I'm using patches (actually cutting 10mg in half) and inhalator. I love ❤ my inhalator. Don't think I'm using loads as one cartridge is lasting me 2 days but that's enough. Inhalator is my BFF ❤ It's the hand mouth thing! Definitely recommend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now