Help with ecig choice please.

(25 Posts)
Ice3 Thu 03-Nov-16 20:26:21

I really want to cut down my cigarette use. I've vaped before (ages ago) and couldn't stop having a few (first thing in the morning, after dinner, before bed) cigarettes, but If I could cut down to three cigarettes a day that would be infinitely better than the twenty a day I'm smoking at the moment blush.

I was thinking of getting a Innokin Endura t18. Does anyone have it? Is there a better one I should look at?

My main preference is just not having to draw to hard. I had a cheap ecig in the past that was like trying to suck water from a stone and would like to avoid that. Battery life is not really an issue.

Thank you.

magimedi Fri 04-Nov-16 09:20:40

I don't know anything about the innokin - I use an Istick Eleaf battery with the mini nautilus. It seems to be very popular on here and it is certainly an easy draw.

I'd suggest you get down to your local independent vape shop & ask them. Good ones will let you try different kit so it's well worth the extra couple of £ you'll pay rather than ordering unseen.

Don't worry about the 2/3 fags you have - just about all of us dual fuelled before going over to 100% vaping.

Good Luck!

Ice3 Fri 04-Nov-16 14:03:08

Unfortunately I am really impatient and ordered the Kanger Subox nano at 1am when I couldn't sleep. Thank you for the information though and I will keep that in mind if I manage to stick with it smile

magimedi Fri 04-Nov-16 15:50:24

Kanger has a good reputation - but I know nothing about that one.

Keep vaping, and count the fags you don't smoke.

Dontneedausername Sat 05-Nov-16 12:59:28

Did you order batteries with it?
And it's a sub-ohm tank so are you ok with Sub-ohm vaping? You'll use a lot more liquid and you'll likely need a much lower strength (I use 12 in my nautilus and 1.5 in my sub ohm tank!) It's also a a direct lung hit, as opposed to mouth to lung (MLT more closely resembles smoking)

Dontneedausername Sat 05-Nov-16 13:00:32

Just noticed it does come with a 1.5 ohm coil too so you'll be able to MTL vape too smile

Ice3 Sat 05-Nov-16 13:23:02

Yes that's why I got it. I'm planning on using the 1.5ohm coil with the higher strength liquid mostly. I ordered some lower strength liquid too so I can try the 0.5 and the lung hit. In the past vaping felt a little empty so that might be what was missing. If not then I will play about with the liquids.

Funny you should ask about batteries grin I have a shiny new vape that I can't use! I have ordered two from Amazon so they will be here tomorrow though.

BerylMeeps Sat 05-Nov-16 13:27:09

Smok r200 mod here. Didn't even plan on quitting, I did smoke and vape 70:30 but haven't had a cig for 2months now without even trying.

Dontneedausername Sat 05-Nov-16 13:27:39

That's what put me off that tank as I didn't want to have to spend more on batteries and a charger! Check you can charge the batteries whilst inside the mod with a USB and you don't need a seperate charge!

I love sub-ohm vaping, But generally keep it for evenings at home and use my mini nautilus through the day!
If you find your liquid too strong, I buy 0% flavourless from onepoundeliquid and use that to dilute it smile

Ice3 Sat 05-Nov-16 13:37:54

Congrats Beryl.

You can charge them though the device and it comes with the USB lead but I'm probably going to get a stand alone charger this week to be safe. Thanks for the tips. I will let you know tomorrow how it is smile

BerylMeeps Sat 05-Nov-16 14:49:02

I should say ice that I only had 6rollies a day so I didn't smoke much anyway haha

Ice3 Sat 05-Nov-16 16:31:44

It's still an massive achievement. No 'only' about it!

Turns out I shouldn't shop at 1am. No batteries and I got 70/30 VG liquid. I've never used such a high VG before. It is so thick!

Is onepoundeliquid good? How fast is the delivery? I think I need to do an order.

Dontneedausername Sat 05-Nov-16 20:17:16

Some flavours aren't the best, but I suppose everyone has different preferences! Lemon sherbet and blackcurrant licquorice are good, but if you don't like them, it's only £1 wasted smile delivery is pretty good smile

BerylMeeps Sat 05-Nov-16 23:20:26

I like dinner lady vapes, cornflake tart or rice pudding and jam. Delish

PolterGoose Sun 06-Nov-16 08:44:43

Good luck smile

I've been vaping onepoundeliquid's peppermint and mint burst juices for ages, their strawberry milk is extremely good and better than some of the posh creamy/custard strawberry flavours.

PolterGoose Sun 06-Nov-16 08:45:08

Mint blast not burst.

Ice3 Sun 06-Nov-16 11:29:18

I might have to get cornflake tart. I love cornflake tart.

I vape menthol/minty ones 99% of the time (I have a Blackjack one to try today too) so I'll definitely pick up the onepoundeliquid ones.

Ice3 Sun 06-Nov-16 11:45:00

Sorry for all the silly questions but I just tried it and it was like getting kicked in the mouth/throat by in invisible horse. I'm using the 1.5ohm coil. Do you think that is mainly because the nicotine strength is way too high, the high VG doesn't work for me or some other reason?

I primed the coil yesterday and filled up the tank. It didn't taste burnt so I don't think it is that.

BeezerBubble Sun 06-Nov-16 13:06:58

The 1.5ohm coil is rated for 10-26 watts so try at 10 watts, or lower, then inch up until it's comfortable. If that doesn't work maybe the high vg isn't wicking fast enough cos it's too thick. Bit of a learning curve at first but worth it in the end.

Ice3 Sun 06-Nov-16 15:11:18

I tried at 15 watts then 10 then 8. It's really harsh so I've ordered some 50/50 with much lower nicotine. Hopefully that will solve it. Thanks.

Dontneedausername Sun 06-Nov-16 16:15:50

Have you tried adjusting the airflow?

Ice3 Sun 06-Nov-16 21:53:36

blush I hadn't and now I have it isn't quite so bad. Thank you. I can't believe I forgot to check that. It's still too harsh for me but the new liquid should help with that.

Ice3 Tue 08-Nov-16 11:04:10

I just wanted to come back and update. Turning the airflow down and my new 50/50 juice has helped immensely. I'm not sure if it is going to help or hinder my diet as it is a really nice dark chocolate and mint flavour (Perino After Dark), but it will definitely help me cut down on the cigs.

Thank you every one for all your help flowers

lampshady Mon 14-Nov-16 19:07:56

What's sub-ohm? And what the difference between a direct lung hit and mouth to lung? This is a whole new world!

PolterGoose Mon 14-Nov-16 19:22:25

You know when you smoke you sort of inhale into your mouth first, and then inhale into your lungs in a more controlled way? That's mouth to lung.

If you've ever used an asthma inhaler you'll have inhaled straight into your lungs, bypassing the holding it in your mouth bit, not unlike inhaling steam when you've got a cold, where you take a lungful. That's straight to lung.

MTL vaping is lower powered but with higher nicotine strength juice as you get less vapour (ergo less nicotine).

Sub ohm vaping is higher powered so creates a big cloud of vapour you inhale straight into your lungs. The liquid is made with a different ratio of ingredients (including less nicotine) so it's smoother.

MTL is much more like 'normal' smoking.

I hated sub ohm vaping, it was all warm and just felt wrong grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now