Can anyone please please help me get through the next four days

(12 Posts)
Iminpainanditsmyfault Thu 20-Oct-16 07:58:00

This is going to sound ridiculous because I'm 31 years old with a child and a mortgage but I have to go away with my mother and grandmother for four days, leaving this afternoon and they don't know I smoke and I really don't want them to.

I am giving up codeine (I started a thread on that), I'm still doing ok, but I found myself really struggling with the urge to smoke and started again to help me get through the codeine withdrawal.

I'd been vaping for over four years but now I feel fully addicted to smoking again. I don't even know where my ecig is. The urge to smoke is so strong. I suppose my only option is to Vape in secret over the next few days but I feel like I have no will power left and really want to just smoke. What do I do? I can buy a new e-cig in town this morning. Can anyone recommend one that will feel just like smoking? Does such a thing exist? I was vaping with 0 nicotine but as I'm back on 18 a day I guess that won't cut it. If anyone can help, please do!

I wish cigarettes didn't smell so strong/bad/smokey. And were not full of harmful chemicals.

Iminpainanditsmyfault Thu 20-Oct-16 07:59:14

I had the last cigarette I had left this morning and I am so tempted to buy another pack. I'm so weak.

Iminpainanditsmyfault Thu 20-Oct-16 09:31:15

Ok I've bought another pack. I really am shit. I will go to get a new e-cig in a bit I think. I will have to try not to reek of smoke before dm and dgm arrive later.

kimlo Thu 20-Oct-16 09:34:39

not smoking when you are giving up codine is going to be really hard. My friend said it was the hardest thing she ever had to do.

Do you have a proper vape shop? They will be able to give you advice on the best set up.

Good luck.

kimlo Thu 20-Oct-16 09:37:01

and it sounds like you went on to 0 too soon. Im 2 years in and still not on 0, Im still trying to get up the courage to take that last step down.

If you really want to vape start high and work down slowly is probably the bast way in my experience.

PolterGoose Thu 20-Oct-16 10:46:25

No e-cig will be exactly like smoking but the more modern better kit is a lot more satisfying. You'll need a mouth to lung set up to be most like smoking, don't be tempted by anything labelled 'sub ohm' or which promises enormous clouds. Nicotine isn't really very harmful at all (just hideously addictive) so don't be tempted by lower nicotine or to reduce your nicotine levels if it's working for you.

Iminpainanditsmyfault Thu 20-Oct-16 10:49:50

There is a proper Vape shop but I'm not sure I'll have the time to go there. I might get some of the cheap cigarette looking style disposable ones to get me through the next few days. I was actually on 0 nicotine for over two years and didn't struggle but as soon as I began tapering down codeine my cravings went through the roof. Thank you for the replies. flowers

brightspark2 Thu 20-Oct-16 10:50:38

Try aniseed balls. When you can get to gp, ask for Champix and an anti nausea. I gave up after 35 years. Now 16 months. Happy to handhold support - awake at odd hours, feel free to message me if you you need a distraction and something to do with your hands. You will save so much money and it is so freeing! smile

Keeptrudging Thu 20-Oct-16 10:55:05

I was vaping with a starter kit (kangertech) and it was ok, but not enough satisfaction. I bit the bullet and bought a nautilus mini tank/eleaf battery kit. The tank holds enough juice to last me all day, the battery lasts all day and I can vary the voltage so juice tastes better.

I'm now totally off cigarettes and have been for 8 months. I was dual-fuelling before and it just doesn't work for me. I had to commit to vaping, and buying better kit helped a lot.

Keeptrudging Thu 20-Oct-16 10:56:40

The kit I've got isn't sub-ohm, btw, it's very easy to use. I'm still on 6mg nicotine too.

Iminpainanditsmyfault Sun 23-Oct-16 19:56:41

Thank you all. Made it through the days away (with a few sneaky cigs).

The annoying thing was I vaped with no smoking at all for four years. I began on the disposable ones, then got a kangertech, then I actually had a Nautilus mini just like a pp. Then I moved on to others. Now I seem to have lost the will to vape and just want to smoke.

I will try those aniseed balls brightspark. I feel a bit nervous about champix...I don't know why though. Maybe I need to have a chat with the gp.

Has anyone ever used the Nhs stop smoking service? I have seen the cards in the chemist but not tried calling the number or texting yet.

TheFlyingFauxPas Fri 28-Oct-16 02:07:44

I'll be 4 weeks ciggie free on Saturday.smile I'm with my doctor's quitting services. She said don't have champix as I'm on ADs and it can affect depression. I use patches and what I think really are the trick - those nicorette inhalator.I feel pretty good. The inhalator you just puff a bit on when you get the urge. You don't take it down like smoke. (got it completely wrong till I googled it!) you absorb the nicotine through the skin in your mouth. I quit years ago patches only. My lovely little white plastic pal at my side feel I'm going to make it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now