E-cig for social smoking. What do you think?

(12 Posts)
BeyondLovesSweetDee Sun 21-Aug-16 11:44:24

DH called me a hipster when I suggested it...

I am a former smoker who struggles to stay 'former' in social situations. I then obsess about smoking even if I manage to resist it.

I know someone similar who has bought an e-cig for these kind of situations, so was considering doing the same

Is it a stupid idea?

PolterGoose Sun 21-Aug-16 11:48:16

If it means you don't smoke fags then it sounds sensible.

magimedi Sun 21-Aug-16 11:50:36

I know several people who have done this. They only smoke when they've had a drink & have moved to vaping. If you are subtle you don't even have to go out & stand in the cold when at the pub.

Branleuse Sun 21-Aug-16 11:59:01

sounds like a good idea

BeyondLovesSweetDee Sun 21-Aug-16 11:59:54

Thanks smile

DH is saying "just don't smoke if you don't want to". hmm I don't think he gets it

Where do I start? Starter packs??

PolterGoose Sun 21-Aug-16 12:03:26

How much do you want to spend?

PolterGoose Sun 21-Aug-16 12:06:31

I've PMed you.

BeyondLovesSweetDee Sun 21-Aug-16 12:08:28

Thank you, I just saw it smile

FurryDogMother Sun 21-Aug-16 12:09:43

For a situation like this, I would suggest an Eleaf iNano - it's a tiny device with a small battery, but as you wouldn't be using it much, that's not an issue. I have one in rose gold, but they do a rather nice shocking pink version, too (as well as black, grey and stainless steel options). Get some 0 nicotine e-juice for it in a flavour you love - then you can go through the motions of smoking without actually exposing yourself to nicotine again. Not silly in the slightest - I think it's a good idea if you find yourself tempted to smoke.

quitecrunchy Sun 21-Aug-16 12:20:02

Seconding the zero nicotine juice suggestion - then you get the vaping experience without having the temptation of the nicotine stowed away at home between social situations.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Sun 21-Aug-16 12:32:45

Myepack are selling off Kanger ESmart kits for £10. The batteries are smaller than the eleaf iNano but you get 2 of everything and I think they'd suit an occasional social vaper very well.

BeyondLovesSweetDee Sun 21-Aug-16 12:32:54

I've found a few zero nicotine flavours I like the sound of, that's what I'd planned to use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now