How long does the spaced out feeling last?

(3 Posts)
MeInHoney86 Tue 14-Jun-16 21:47:17

I quit smoking randomly on sun night/monday morning! I was smoking Sunday evening and just thought i'm really not enjoying this. I've been thinking over it for a long while- getting sick of wanting to smoke and not being able to (work) , running out of tabacco/tips/papers, wishing the day away so I could smoke freely (and not in secret!) when the kids were in bed, wasting £100 a month on something which is damaging my health...and so on!
Anyway...when i've quit in the past i've felt really tearful and emotional and it's frightened me to feel so low so i've started smoking again. This time however i just feel numb and really spaced out/dizzy. Has anyone else experienced this and how long did it go on for? If it makes a difference i'm vaping a bit in the evenings, but only half heartedly- can't really get into it!
This time feels different , i feel like a non smoker!

PlentyOfPubeGardens Wed 15-Jun-16 20:36:24

Brilliant! star

The spaced out dizzy feeling is oxygen reaching your brain for the first time in a while smile I got it for about a week or so then it settled down.

Lots of people get depressed or tearful when they quit. There are a lot of other things besides nicotine in cigarette smoke. Some of the chemicals are MAOI's which act as antidepressants. If it feels different this time it's a very good sign!

Good luck!

MeInHoney86 Thu 16-Jun-16 13:03:33

Thanks for the reply! I didn't know that about cigs containing MAOIs -scary stuff! The dizziness is slightly better today and it's starting to feel a bit more normal to not smoke, in fact I'm quite enjoying it! Not sure what I've done differently this time compared to all the other times I've quit but I feel confident this is it and it's a relief!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now