Help! Mini Nautilus stopped working.

(13 Posts)
SaucyJack Sun 15-May-16 08:08:29

Hello there!

My Mini Nautilus has suddenly stopped working. It's connecting to the battery and making all the right sounds, but no vapour is coming out. At a guess I'd say whatever the heating element is has stopped working.

I've had it since January with no probs, and haven't done anything different to usual.

Halp!

SaucyJack Sun 15-May-16 08:43:57

It's now saying Atomizer Short if anyone can help me with that?

PolterGoose Sun 15-May-16 08:52:19

When I get the atomiser short message it usually means either the coil is knackered or there no connection between tank and battery. Over time gunk builds on the connections.

Have you given it all a good clean and dry? When did you replace the coil?

PolterGoose Sun 15-May-16 08:52:45

The heating element is in the coil.

PolterGoose Sun 15-May-16 08:53:37

Well, technically the coil is the heating element and it's enclosed in the 'atomiser' which most of us call coils...

PolterGoose Sun 15-May-16 08:54:04

Sorry. That was a shit series of posts!

BranstonPickleandPeanutButter Sun 15-May-16 08:54:49

Do you need to change the filter bit? (Rubbish technological terms here) I didn't get on with that top and ordered a different one from eBay which I find a lot less temperamental.

SaucyJack Sun 15-May-16 08:58:04

I don't know what the filter is :-/

I last changed the coil about ten minutes ago just in case I had a dud in there but it's made no difference. All from same pack. I'm fairly confident it's not the coil.

Thanks for answering tho xx

I shall try cleaning it all out thoroughly just in case that works.

BranstonPickleandPeanutButter Sun 15-May-16 09:03:47

Coil that was the right word! Doh

PolterGoose Sun 15-May-16 09:05:08

Might be a dud pack. It happens.

I take mine apart and give it a good soak in hot water about once a month and leave it to air dry. Over time you get build up in the bottom of the bit you attach the coil to, where there's a little spring.

BranstonPickleandPeanutButter Sun 15-May-16 09:06:04

Yes taking it all apart and cleaning all of the connections carefully definitely improves the usage.

Love my vapey thing!

SaucyJack Sun 15-May-16 09:17:11

It's working!

I gave the thick screw bit a good clean out, and pulled the pin out out the bottom and it's working again.

Thank you! That was terrifying for a second. I nearly had to bum a cigarette from someone.

BranstonPickleandPeanutButter Sun 15-May-16 09:25:26

Yayy! Yeah I know the desperate pang still when the battery runs out. I've ordered a spare but covet the large ones that last a couple of days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now