How much juice do you get through and has it changed?

(17 Posts)
PolterGoose Mon 18-Jan-16 18:47:15

Just thinking, when I started vaping with ego batteries and GS-H2s or Kanger mini protanks I was getting through less than 10ml of 18mg juice a week.

Over time I've reduced to 6mg juice as my kit has improved but I am now using probably 30-40ml of juice a week.

Now I've written it out I'm probably taking the same amount of nicotine, and there was me thinking smugly I was less addicted grin

BeezerBubble Mon 18-Jan-16 19:15:14

I'm on 30-40 ml 18mg p/week , 1 ohm @ 14 w on all mt devices. Have been since I got into mods and tanks from egos and clearos. MrsB about half that on an egrip @ 18mg.
Keep track by previous eliquid orders, use same vendor all the time.

PolterGoose Mon 18-Jan-16 21:22:18

That's interesting Beezer, not many people seem to use 18mg at that sort of power. Is it not really rough?

BeezerBubble Mon 18-Jan-16 23:38:08

Not rough for me, what I'm used to. After smoking any old shite for 35 years guess I'm not that sensitive. Tried lower nic juice, like vaping air for me so 18mg it is. Tend to stick to around 14w, never higher, resistance 1-1.5ohms, does me fine.

magimedi Tue 19-Jan-16 13:21:25

20ml of 12mg per week (on average). Been the same for a couple of years.

PurpleElla Tue 19-Jan-16 16:22:22

I use about 20ml of 6mg a week. I'm still smoking one roll up a day still (6 months vaping) and planning on quitting this one when I use up the rest of my pack of baccy.

Millipedewithherfeetup Tue 19-Jan-16 16:49:56

The 18mg 10ml used to last me around 10 days when i first started vaping went down to 11mg and am now on around 20ml in 10 days, typing this out has also made me realise i haven't cut down at all ! I do feel very addicted tbh, more so than when i was smoking, saying that i still do not want to go back to cigarettes. Feel a bit blush.

7Days Tue 19-Jan-16 22:21:09

Hard to know really. Definitely am going through more juice, and I only like the fancy stuff. Kills the coils too so I'm always replacing them. Don't think I'm saving much money tbh and I'm always stuck to it. Still,it's a vast improvemnt on stinkies

PolterGoose Tue 19-Jan-16 22:27:11

I don't know what combination of set up you're using 7 but I've recently found that by reducing the nic strength and upping the power my coils last longer. I'm mostly a custard vaper but didn't like the throat hit with higher power hence lower nic juice which seems to work.

magimedi Tue 19-Jan-16 22:35:58

As I 'may' have said before, Polter - if you must vape 'Monkey Jizz' - you have only yourself to blame for getting through the coils grin

<The Sherlock juice roolzs>

nulgirl Tue 19-Jan-16 22:49:05

Gee - am I the only person to use 24mg strength? I probably get through about 30ml a week as well. Sometimes I mix it with a bottle of 16mg but this feels quite week. I've stopped using the premium brands as I found I was going through coils at an alarming rate. The cheaper thinner stuff seems to be easier on the coil.

7Days Tue 19-Jan-16 22:53:46

That sounds good Poltergoose. I have the same preferences as you and will try it that way

PolterGoose Wed 20-Jan-16 07:12:45

magi grin

Perihelion Wed 20-Jan-16 11:46:48

About 15ml of 12mg a week.

Magi I'm pleased to see you're still plowing your Sherlock furrow. Although I'm still RY4 all the way. grin

magimedi Wed 20-Jan-16 12:29:06

Perihelion I do sometimes mix my Sheerlock with a drop or two of rhubarb & custard. When I'm feeling daring!!!

7Days Thu 21-Jan-16 09:49:12

I love RY4, and great value on onepoundliquid. I sometimes mix it with a fancy creamy one from my local vape shop, it's lovely

PlentyOfPubeGardens Sat 23-Jan-16 19:21:08

I'm on about 15ml/week of 18mg which is about the same as when I started over 2 years ago. I only vape at 8-9 watts on single little home-made coils (1.6-1.8 ohms).

I saw a poll once (UKVapers I think) where people calculated their weekly nicotine intake - strength x volume - and it all evened out for most people.

I think it really doesn't matter whether you go for high power, lower nic, loads of juice or low power, higher nic, less juice (or even loads of high nic juice at high power grin) if it's keeping you off the fags it's doing its job and we know that nicotine is not the problem. That said, lots of people do cut down the nic over time and successfully quit altogether via vaping and it's great that that seems to be so much easier than trying to do the same with actual fags.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now