Vaping question- can anyone help? Bitter taste on mouthpiece

(10 Posts)
MissBattleaxe Tue 05-Jan-16 15:56:21

Hello everyone, hope you don't mind me joining you. I've finally quit dirty cigarettes and am evangelical about my e-cig. I started vaping in October. Its a basic starter kit from my lovely local e-cig shop. However, there's kind of a sweetish bitter taste on my lips after I've used it.

I've wiped the mouthpiece and haven't leaked juice into the little tube or anything. What could this be? The man in the shop gave me a new coil yesterday so it's not that, although my previous was buggered and I didn't know it!

PolterGoose Tue 05-Jan-16 19:36:42

You're probably getting some juice spitting where it hasn't vaporised properly.

Do you know what your kit is called? Or can you post a photo?

Wombat87 Tue 05-Jan-16 19:54:16

It's just the liquid not vaping. You do need to change filters every now and then. Well done for stopping the nasty sticks!!

MissBattleaxe Tue 05-Jan-16 21:32:53

Its this one. I'm just a newbie. Thanks for your replies. It's been bugging me.

MissBattleaxe Tue 05-Jan-16 21:35:38

I've just rinsed it under the tap and its a bit better but I will buy a new mouthpiece. I'm really glad there's a solution I was getting downhearted!

PolterGoose Tue 05-Jan-16 21:43:25

That's a good little starter kit, usually the tanks that come in basic kits are rubbish, but that's a good one smile

I use a tank that takes the same coils, they can be spitty and gurgly at low power and when you need a cool change, so you might want to consider getting a battery with variable power. The My dp often uses those tanks on this battery (which might be available cheaper elsewhere)

PolterGoose Tue 05-Jan-16 21:43:58

coil change!

MissBattleaxe Tue 05-Jan-16 21:49:01

Coil changed yesterday, but I am thinking of an upgrade.

Do you think I have done myself a mischief with all this bitter liquid? Will I end up with sores and nicotine poisoning and stuff? My e-cig shop man laughs at me sometimes. He is a nice chap though.

PolterGoose Tue 05-Jan-16 21:52:16

No, you'll be fine, I've had splurts of juice a fair few time now, at worst too much nicotine might make you feel a bit dizzy/nauseous but it's highly unlikely at these concentrations/amounts smile

MissBattleaxe Tue 05-Jan-16 22:03:36

Thank you, you lovely supportive bunch. I'm only on 6 to 12mg so I can relax now I suppose!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now