Anyone bored with vaping?!

(20 Posts)
Gohackyourself Wed 19-Aug-15 21:02:58

Hi all,
Until the hack yesterday I used to post under a different name, so not a newbie! Decided to change the whole lot :-)username etc.
Anyway, is anyone bored of vaping?
I gave up analogues completely end of May after duelling and managed to kick it after getting the I stick.

Thing is now, I keep getting vapers tongue quite a lot so have to change up liquids quite a lot, but lately every flavour doing it and I seem to have a sore throat all of the time.
I've lowered the I stick, tried different companies juices.
Now I'm at a stage where I just feel completely bored with it all and wanna ditch.
Am gonna try tomorrow to ditch it a bit more.
Am also gonna go and buy one of those cheap cig a likes just in case I need a drag!!
Anyone else experienced this and have a tale to tell please?

Gohackyourself Thu 20-Aug-15 17:51:58

Bump

ineedausername Thu 20-Aug-15 19:05:30

i did, for a while. then i bought myself a nice new tank (naturevape) and bought a couple new flavours which i loved and now i'm totally back into it smile

PolterGoose Thu 20-Aug-15 19:17:55

Nope, 16 months off the stinkies and no regrets. Got vaper's tongue a few times early on but not for a long time now. It did take me a while to find my perfect combo, but hugely worth it smile

ginmakesitallok Thu 20-Aug-15 19:20:35

Just over 2 years here and still loving it. It's much more routine now though than the early excitement of trying new flavours every week.

Gohackyourself Thu 20-Aug-15 20:46:18

Oh no �� it's just me then.

I used to like custard flavours, deep flavours , then had enough and went to fruit and am now stuck on menthol!! I sometimes mix it up an add a deep flavour to the menthol .
Can someone explain the pg/vg dilemma and which percentage will help the sore throat?? Any company recommendations please?

PolterGoose Thu 20-Aug-15 20:56:43

Higher VG will help with the throat

I had real problems with PG but can vape 50/50 fine, but not all liquids, some are definitely harsher than others. My favourite juice vendor is Vaping King.

PolterGoose Thu 20-Aug-15 20:57:53

It might help if you explain exactly what combination you're using, what power setting, what coils and what juices.

Gohackyourself Thu 20-Aug-15 21:36:26

Thanks polter-

Am on I stick 30w with bdc atomiser (1.8 coils) normally around 10watts setting.

Only liquids I can find that don't give too much hassle are diamond mists.
But I can't see on website what percentage they are?!?

PolterGoose Thu 20-Aug-15 21:52:41

Diamond Mist says PG is primary ingredient.

I would try a lower wattage, iSticks are notoriously over-powered, and some quality juice, as well as Vaping King, Triphammer are worth a look, his sweet/candy juices are very good.

How often are you changing your coils?

Gohackyourself Thu 20-Aug-15 21:56:20

I'm changing coils once a week. Is pg the bad one of the two?

PolterGoose Thu 20-Aug-15 21:59:02

PG is the dodgy throat, drying, can cause headaches and stuff one.

Gohackyourself Thu 20-Aug-15 22:10:58

Ooh wow, I'll be ordering off those two sites tomorrow then!! I do have a mini nautilus tank but I just find to big and cumbersome, I like a sleek smaller tank.
Is once a week ok with the coils?

PolterGoose Fri 21-Aug-15 13:59:56

I change mine about every 5-7 days but I vape custards which clog up coils quicker. My dp changes his about once a month, so it varies.

When I started vaping I couldn't stand the bulky batteries and tanks, but moved on when I realised how much better the vape was, now it feels normal smile

Gohackyourself Fri 21-Aug-15 15:22:54

That's great advice as always polter-
So really from what your saying I should really aim for companies that do higher vg liquids? As I feel I've permanently got a sore dry throat since vaping even when drinking bucket loads of water too.
Have ordered off of vape kings as theirs is higher vg ratio- you suggest trip hammer too?

PolterGoose Fri 21-Aug-15 15:28:00

They're worth a try, they do smaller bottles so you can sample some.

I'm very loyal to Vaping King's (horribly named) Monkey Jizz. Their Yorkshire Fog is rather lovely too, tastes of Murray Mints.

Gohackyourself Fri 21-Aug-15 17:55:10

What's the flavour of monkey jizz?

I've been to a vape shop after work and purchased a bottle of "Creme de cacao " vanilla custard flavour - it's 80% vg mix - was £12 for 30ml though ouchy- already it feels smoother on my throat :-)
Thanks polter for your help, looking forward to recieving vape Kings liquids on Monday :-)

PolterGoose Fri 21-Aug-15 18:13:15

It's sort of banana milkshake/ice cream type flavour, with steeping it gets almost a bit caramelised and is quite lovely. I've tried other highly rated creamy banana juices and none come close.

It's all very hit and miss to start, but it is worth persevering, it's so much better than smoking grin

Gohackyourself Thu 10-Sep-15 20:12:00

Poltergoose,

Thanks for the vape king idea-
Really happy with their juices and their mixing 70/30 for me :-)
Really has helped getting higher vg juices, no reactions like was having.
Vg was what I was needing! Also religiously changing my coil every Monday has helped, I was trying to make them last but it seems better now, especially since I'm enjoying the custards again :-) the Yorkshire fog is great.
Thanks x

PolterGoose Fri 11-Sep-15 07:40:32

That's good to hear smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now