Vaping help complete beginner

(11 Posts)
Twochipsnobiff Wed 29-Jul-15 19:51:43

Hi - I just bought an aspire premium kit and some liquids. I have tried friend's vape pipes (whatever they're called) and always loved them so bought something similar. However when I just tried it out the throat hit was horrible, very strong and unpleasant, like a Marlboro red without filter. Please can you tell me where I went wrong?

Mimigolightly Wed 29-Jul-15 20:31:40

Hey - I have the same kit and I suspect that it's the e-liquid that isn't sitting well with you. What did you buy?

Twochipsnobiff Wed 29-Jul-15 21:12:21

Thank you mini. It is an 18mg grizwald choc and lime...! Not sure about any of the other details.

I think it's the nicotine may be too high? I'm an evening smoker, so very light smoker really. What level nicotine would you recommend?

Mimigolightly Wed 29-Jul-15 21:31:16

I'm only a newbie myself but you may need a lower nicotine level. Also you may need a different PG/VG level. There are much more experienced vapers on here that will - I'm sure - help you.

PolterGoose Wed 29-Jul-15 21:48:16

18mg is probably too high for a light smoker, and Mimi is right, Grizwald's are quite rough high PG which is what gives throat hit.

I would suggest a 50/50 12mg juice.

Brands I suggest you try are:
onepoundeliquid - only £1 for 10ml and pretty good quality
Triphammer - great for sweety flavours
Vaping King - my favourite, smooth and not overpowering

You do need to adjust your inhaling technique and draw more slowly, it takes a little practice but it's worth persevering smile

DragonsCanHop Wed 29-Jul-15 21:52:30

Marking my place. I would like to give it a go but haven't a clue where to start.

Mimigolightly Wed 29-Jul-15 22:04:07

Dragons the lovely Vipers on here will give you loads of advice.

PolterGoose Wed 29-Jul-15 22:05:20

Dragons the best thing is to buy a basic kit, like the one OP has, some juice and have a go. I read the early vaping vipers threads and none of it made sense until I bought some cheapish kit, had a play took it apart and went for it. 15 months later and still no fags smile

DragonsCanHop Wed 29-Jul-15 22:57:33

Thank you. I will take a look and give it a go. Really need to, I'm the only smoker left at work, im sure they are all hiding under their desks vaping when needed grin

Twochipsnobiff Thu 30-Jul-15 21:03:03

Thanks so much, I'm going to keep experimenting, I am actually going to look for an even lower nicotine level and see how that works!

dontcallmelen Mon 03-Aug-15 22:20:31

Hi I need some advice to please, currently smoke silk cut, tried vaping a couple of years ago, but found the juices? To strong can you get low strength, also could you recommend vaping kits etc.
I really need to get a grip & give up, have health issues & face surgery later this year, I'm a bit ashamed really I have more than enough reasons to quit yet still continue to smoke, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now