is the eleaf istick and nautilus mini still the bees knees or has someother shiney taken over? and a couple of other questions :)

(17 Posts)
ditavonteesed Thu 25-Jun-15 19:59:06

kit upgrade due soon, I am getting on really well with my vurrent set up of a knager mini protank and vision spinner 2 although the battery doesnt last a whole day and I really don't vape that much. My tank has pretty much given up the goat, when it was working though the atti needed replacing really often, probably weekly at least every other week. Before this set up I had a kanger evod and the atti would last a month at least.
Does the nautilus atti last ok? How long roughly?
How many days vaping do you get out of a eleafistick?
Or are the any other shinys that people are recommending now?
I am not opposed to the idea of getting a mod although I really have no idea wehre to start with that.

magimedi Fri 26-Jun-15 11:15:41

I have been using my eleaf & mini nautilus since Feb & am 100% happy with them.

I have the 20W one & am a pretty constant vaper & it lasts me for 24 hours.

You have to hope that Plenty pops in soon as she is amazingly knowledgeable about all kit & new things.

starsandunicorns Fri 26-Jun-15 11:27:23

Marking place as i want to upgrade very soon i have a vapouriz fuse and im looking at a eleaf but it seems very complicated is there a kit i can get being looking at them but bits are all seprate

PolterGoose Fri 26-Jun-15 14:51:33

I've been using an iStick/Nautilus combo since last October, and despite many other frivolous bouts of shinyitis and a bulging vaping drawer, nothing has come close. I probably charge every 2 days.

The mini Nautilus is a juice guzzler and with what I use the coils last about 5 days.

If you just want to upgrade from the mini protank and like the size, Aspire do a tank called a K1 which uses a version of the Nautilus coils (it takes the standard Aspire BVC coils), it's a bit airy but flavour is very good, and cheaper to buy and maintain than a Nautilus.

My iSticks are starting to lose their charge quicker now so I've just ordered an Innokin Cool Fire 4 which looks good and has had good reviews, and I fancy a change smile

PolterGoose Fri 26-Jun-15 14:56:01

stars all you need are 2 components, a battery (ego, spinner, iStick, MVP, etc) and a tank (evod, protank, nautilus, etc). Most tanks fit on most batteries. Most batteries come with a charger cable. Most modern tanks have replaceable 'coils' (also called atomisers, it's the bit with a teeny heating coil with some wick to draw the juice into the heating element), so you'd also need spare coils for your tank. Coils last from a few days to a month or so depending on lots of things (type of juice, how much power, how hard and often you vape).

magimedi Fri 26-Jun-15 18:35:33

With the juice I use the coils last about 10 days or so!

But I don't vape 'Monkey jizz' grin.

I am 'refained & naice' & vape 'The Sherlock' - a much more genteel juice!!!!

PolterGoose Fri 26-Jun-15 18:56:19

magi hmm you're a cheeky sod grin

McNo Fri 26-Jun-15 19:15:39

I have the I stick and the coolfire 4. Love them equally smile I use the mini nautilus on the istick and Atlantis v2 clone on the coolfire. I think I prefer the mini nautilus tank

ditavonteesed Fri 26-Jun-15 20:00:50

he he, vape fight. I got some lovely juice that was mega expensive and it burns through atti in one day sad
I am getting on really well with the liQuid ones to be honest, classy I am not.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Fri 26-Jun-15 20:03:56

I can't add much to what others have said. I haven't tried a nautilus except for last saturday at the Brighton meet up. It was very nice. I use a kayfun lite which will be no good to anyone who doesn't enjoy tinkering.

I do have an eleaf istick though and would recommend it. I have the 50W one which lasts about 4 days between charges. If you want a long lasting battery, look for a high mAh rating. The 50W istick is 4400mAh, the 30W and 20W are both 2200mAh.

I am not opposed to the idea of getting a mod although I really have no idea wehre to start with that.

There are basically two sorts of mod: regulated and mechanical.

The eleaf is a regulated mod, as is the vision spinner you have been using smile You'll be fine with it. Start with the voltage settings and you just dial it up as you would with the spinner. The display will tell you what the wattage is, so once you know what a good level is you can switch to watts and it will automatically adjust to different coil resistances (or just stick with volts if you prefer)

Mechanical mods are basically just tubes with a 510 connection on top. You buy the batteries separately. They fire at 3.7 volts, same as a bog-standard ego battery. You adjust power by using higher or lower resistance coils (lower resistance = more power)

ditavonteesed Fri 26-Jun-15 20:06:21

I like the look of the coolfire 4, would a kanger evod go on it?
I keep going back to my trusty evods. is this site ok? I am dubious when I haven't used sites before but I have heard mention of them on here. If not an evod then what is the tank that is on it in the picture?

ditavonteesed Fri 26-Jun-15 20:11:32

cross post, thanks plenty they always look so magical and like you need to already know what to. I tried going in the local proper vvape shop that has all sorts of goodies that i would love but it was a bunch of people hanging out and vaping so I was scared to ask much and just bought some juice.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Fri 26-Jun-15 21:14:28

Yes, ukecig store is a good site, I've bought a few things from there.

Allergictoironing Fri 26-Jun-15 22:07:45

Dita I have a large selection of EVOD Twists that I bought silly cheap from FastTech - I think it was under $70 for 10. If they aren't the real deal they may as well be, as all 10 worked 100% out of the box & the ones I use regularly are going strong. The only problem with getting them that way is you don't choose the colours, they come in the set selection. I refuse to be seen outside with the condom pink one, though I have been known to flash the light green one to make a statement wink. Brother has run off with the black & silvery grey ones, and the stainless and white ones were given away as birthday pressies - but I still have 6.

You may be surprised at just how helpful the guys in your local vape shop can be. Yes you may get one or two (more likely customers not staff) who do a bit of willy waving, but most of them will be only to pleased to talk to you and help you out. At my mates new shop the other week I wandered up to a bunch of cloud chasing guys all using highly complex mechanical box mods with drippers etc with a spinner (clone at that) & started chatting juice makes & flavours & they were all nice as anything smile

starsandunicorns Fri 26-Jun-15 23:54:48

Thankyou i was confused ref the mixing of differnet things though i got a free fuse starter when i bought four liquids ( dh likes the bubblegum ) so i wont be changing yet but i can now have a good look around one of my batteries is on the verge of dyingso i wait a little while longer till i buy my upgrade being vaping for 6 months now smile

PolterGoose Sat 27-Jun-15 08:02:30

dita the coolfire 4 is cheaper at Vape Escape, and yes, the evod will fit, it should come with an adaptor for tanks with an ego fitting, if it doesn't, I have spares and can post you one smile

ditavonteesed Sat 27-Jun-15 08:12:55

thanks polter, for anyone else looking at them it's even cheaper at myepack.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now