Anyone used/using Tabex?

(18 Posts)
Bogeyface Tue 21-Apr-15 09:12:05

Just seen this mentioned on another thread and it looks promising.

I suffered the most appalling stomach problems on Champix and I dont get on with vaping, so I want to give this a try.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Wed 22-Apr-15 19:08:10

I've been reading about that - Cytisine - it does look promising. I don't know how it would compare with Champix, the article says it can cause nausea and vomiting.

It's not licenced in the UK so you'd have to buy it online.

Bogeyface Wed 22-Apr-15 19:21:31

I have ordered some, £22 with free delivery for a months supply, so I will let you know how I get on.

At £22 thats less than 3 packets of fags so I figured its got to be worth a shot!

PlentyOfPubeGardens Wed 22-Apr-15 19:38:13

Good luck and do let us know how you get on flowers

Effendi Wed 22-Apr-15 20:18:56

Bogey can you say where you bought it?

Bogeyface Wed 22-Apr-15 20:41:26

www.quitwithtabex.co.uk/

Effendi Thu 23-Apr-15 05:24:03

Thanks Bogey I'll check it out.
I am desperate to stop after smoking 20+ a day for 30 years.
Have tried patches, gum, spray, inhilator,ecig, lozenges, cold turkey and hypnosis. I live in Cyprus and it doesn't help that cigs are fairly cheap and smokers are not vilified here.

Effendi Sat 02-May-15 17:07:59

I bought some Tabex onlin today so will you update!

Bogeyface Mon 11-May-15 14:58:13

Sorry, only just started taking them! I had a couple of events on that would involve alcohol and that is my weak point so I wanted to give myself the best chance to quit.

They dont seem to be giving me nausea so far, and with Champix it would start with 15 minutes of taking a tablet, so fingers crossed!

PlentyOfPubeGardens Wed 13-May-15 19:31:47

How's it going for you two?

Effendi Fri 15-May-15 17:49:30

I started then on 9th and smoked my last fag on 12th.
Zero side effects which is good and I downloaded the tabex app to my phone so I get reminder when to take a tablet.

I think they do take the edge off the cravings but for me willpower is still needed. This is my last chance after trying many, many times to stop.

Effendi Wed 03-Jun-15 07:37:16

Day 23 of not smoking. Took my last Tabex this morning.
I think they do help, this quit has been longer and a bit easier than previous ones but as I said above, willpower still needed, for me anyway.
No side effects at all.

I do miss smoking but every day is better.

Allergictoironing Wed 03-Jun-15 08:06:40

Ooh well done Effendi!

Remember that smoking addiction isn't just about the chemicals in the smoke but the hand to mouth habit, having something in your hands to fiddle with - that's possibly why you still need some willpower. Maybe carry something you can fiddle with, or take up something like knitting or crochet to keep the hands occupied?

Effendi Fri 12-Jun-15 18:18:39

Day 32, still not smoking. Still miss the fags but most days are good ones now. I think (and hope) that I am over the worst of it.
I have put some weight on though as I'm always hungry. Not weighed myself yet, am a bit scared to!

PlentyOfPubeGardens Fri 12-Jun-15 21:02:20

Well done Effendi! Sounds like you've cracked it. Worry about the weight later, one thing at a time flowers

Effendi Tue 23-Jun-15 06:19:13

6 weeks today.
Every day is better but I still miss it. Can't wait for the day I wake up and don't think about it.

Effendi Tue 18-Aug-15 18:55:45

It's 99 days today.
I'm very proud of my achievement.
I still think about smoking but not as much as before. I wish it would stop all together. Waiting for the day.

amanda801 Tue 12-Apr-16 22:36:35

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now