Brighton meet up for the vaping vipers!!

(125 Posts)
magimedi Fri 13-Mar-15 15:15:41

We all keep talking about a meet up & it would be lovely to put some faces to names.

Brighton would be nice as there a couple of vape shops, including the very new & up market one that a few of us have looked at. Also lots else to do, many watering holes & a great range of choice of places to go to eat - ranging from fish 'n' chips on the beach to veggie places etc etc.

I think it was Meganchips who suggested June - so how about one of the Saturdays in June?

Which are: June 6, June 13 or June 20.

I am free (atm) for any of those three dates.

I'd suggest meeting at the station & wandering through the lanes & laines & seeing how things go.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Fri 13-Mar-15 19:42:16

Yay! Count me in smile

20th or 13th would be best for me but 6th is not impossible.

Allergictoironing Sat 14-Mar-15 21:40:52

Yay definitely up for it! Any of those dates good for me, 20th would be nicest as that's less than a week to my birthday so a damned good excuse for a day out grin.

MeganChips Sun 15-Mar-15 16:28:28

20th works for me!

Thanks for organising this magi

magimedi Mon 16-Mar-15 09:06:12

So let's go with 20 June, then.

It's only a 20/25 min train journey for me so I'd go for saying meeting, at the station, at noon? How does that fit in with other travelers?

And it might be good to know what people want to do for lunch - pub lunch or restaurant or fish 'n' chips on beach (which is a tad weather dependent, but it is June FFS)

PlentyOfPubeGardens Mon 16-Mar-15 12:48:45

Brilliant, I'm really looking forward to it smile

I'm easy wrt lunch options but would prefer somewhere not too posh.

Allergictoironing Mon 16-Mar-15 13:48:38

I'll be coming down by car, though presumably there will be parking at the station? With Plenty on the "not too posh" for lunch smile, and nothing that means TOO much walking or my back will complain shock

magimedi Mon 16-Mar-15 14:55:11

Allergic Parking in Brighton is a NIGHTMARE & you will be looking at paying something in the region of £10 per hour!!! I kid you not!

If it's just the four or so of us, I reckon we can go for lunch on the hoof, as it were & see what the weather is like etc etc.

Megan - are you Brighton based & do you know of any good pubs? I only know some of the more popular ones that might be a bit packed on a Saturday?

Loads of time to sort out the details & hopefully we'll have a few more people joining in.

Allergictoironing Mon 16-Mar-15 15:03:12

Eek that may put a bit of a damper on me coming then. Public transport from my part of Kent will cost an absolute fortune (need to go into London & out again) and take hours sad.

PlentyOfPubeGardens Mon 16-Mar-15 15:07:19

Park & Ride any good?

magimedi Mon 16-Mar-15 15:08:36

Why not drive to somewhere where there is parking & then do a short hop on the train?

If you want to PM me where you are coming from I can work out some of the better places WRT parking.

MeganChips Mon 16-Mar-15 22:29:18

Caxton Arms near the station is nice.

More central we have Black Lion, the Cricketers and the Hop Poles which are all pretty good. If there's a few of us the Font and Firkin is ok. Or All Bar One is reliable if a bit pricey.

Allergic if you're coming down the A23 I'd second the park and ride. It's dead easy and less than a fiver all day.

magimedi Mon 16-Mar-15 22:41:52

Megan - I think you are going to be the leader of where we go & eat!

We are going to want to go down from the station a bit as we will all want to go to the vape shop -aren't we?

I know the Cricketers (great) but not the others!

Have just googled The Hop Poles & that looks really nice.

It would be lovely to be able to get a table where we can all sit down & chat ( & vape.....)

MeganChips Mon 16-Mar-15 22:45:05

No pressure grin Hope Poles is nice.

How about we have one in the Caxton when we arrive then go for a wander and the vape shop?

We can then go eat, drink and be merry.

magimedi Tue 17-Mar-15 07:43:34

That sounds like a good plan! Nothing like a wine as an ice breaker!

Allergictoironing Tue 17-Mar-15 08:12:17

Looks like it could be the park & Ride for me then, as the A23 is the best route for me anyway smile

magimedi Thu 19-Mar-15 16:15:21

Caxton Arms looks nice (having googled).

Someone was telling me about The Office, in Sydney Street, that does 40 different types of gin...............................

Have you been there? I'm almost sure to be in Brighton before Jube & feel it is my duty to try it!

MeganChips Thu 19-Mar-15 21:09:00

I am in the Hop Poles, you can vape indoors smile

MeganChips Thu 19-Mar-15 21:09:47

No I haven't by the way magi I think I need to!

magimedi Thu 19-Mar-15 22:10:13

Jube - I mean June -

Lucky you being in a pub & having alkihol! wine Enjoy!

PlentyOfPubeGardens Fri 20-Mar-15 21:00:44

This day is shaping up very nicely smile

Last time I was in brighton there was a fantastic display of starlings over the derelict pier at sunset. Are they still there and is June the right time of year to see them, does anybody know?

magimedi Tue 24-Mar-15 19:34:44

Plenty The murrmuration of starlings only happens in the winter months.

It is amazing (& happens over Eastbourne pier as well) but we won't see it in June.

We'll be close to the longest day - so we could stay until dusk (22.00hrs or so) to see........

magimedi Tue 24-Mar-15 19:35:48

Just to say E V E R Y O N E is welcome to this meet - please come!

More the merrier! wine <hic>

Ir's going to be a fab day out.

magimedi Mon 30-Mar-15 10:29:08

BUMP!

magimedi Fri 10-Apr-15 20:22:12

And another BUMP!

Everyone is welcome, we'd love to see you all.

I am going over to Brighton next week & will go into the posh shop & talk to them about a discount for the Vaping Vipers' meet up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now