What do I 'need' from Fasttech?

(59 Posts)
PolterGoose Wed 09-Jul-14 11:58:11

So far, have a Vamo V5 and a iClear 30 for dp, a load of drip tips for me to try because I'm worried I'll take my teeth out with metal. What else should I buy?

Allergictoironing Wed 09-Jul-14 12:16:56

Replacement coils, or wicks & wire if you fancy re-coiling yourself.

A decent carry case for all the bits & bobs you may want to take out (e.g. spare battery, clearos, juices, cotton buds etc)

Possibly a lanyard (don't use them myself)

If like me you offer to let people try your e-cig, maybe some of THESE - silicon drip tip covers that have a hole in so you can vape through them. Disposable, so people can try stuff without any germ swapping. Be careful if you do order these though, as many all the covers Fasttech stock are the ones without the hole. Also good if you have a metal drip tip you don't like the feel of, nice soft silicon instead grin

PolterGoose Wed 09-Jul-14 13:41:31

Thanks Allergic I've added some coils, wire and wick, though had a quick look at a vid of re-coiling and was a bit shock

Allergictoironing Wed 09-Jul-14 14:26:07

At $12.50 for 10 coils, I'm not that fussed about recoiling my own grin

You need one of these and a couple of these for out and about smile

PolterGoose Thu 10-Jul-14 09:20:44

shock

Such a shame my order has gone wink

thingymibob Thu 10-Jul-14 09:40:26

Everything I ordered from fast tech had something wrong with it...

First was two starter kits, neither worked out of the pack. Customer services were very good and sorted replacements once I had sent them back. Process took 3 months. Then a spinner battery stopped working after a month and now the replacements have stopped working

I won't be ordering from them again - it may be cheap but the months of waiting for it to be sorted just isn't worth it

PolterGoose Thu 10-Jul-14 09:59:30

That's interesting, everything in my last order, including eGo batteries, various clearo's and atomisers, odds and sods, was all perfect.

I've never had anything not work from there. The FT vamo I bought is a bit odd though - 3.3 volts on the vamo seems to be the equivalent of about 3.9 on my MVP confused It seems to read ohms accurately though.

But yes, don't order anything if you need it urgently. My first order got caught up in the Great Hong Kong Post Backlog of late last year. Took bloody months to arrive.

I am seriously considering getting one of these and the Happy Cowboy for DH

Allergictoironing Thu 10-Jul-14 12:35:41

I think part of the trick with Fasttech is to read the product name and description very carefully. When I was looking there for a Vision Spinner, I saw many many "Vision Spinner Style" batteries - which basically means cheaply made clone and NOT the original.

I've not had any problems with anything I've ordered from them; only issue I've had with the actual items is that some GS-H2 clone clearos have a fractionally different size base so you can't swap the base with others (though the coils themselves are standard fit) but you get things like that anywhere you buy clones.

Just noticed a typo in my earlier post - it was around $12:50 for 20, not for 10 grin.

@ Plenty - argh my eyes shock!!!!!

So thanks to this thread I've just put in another order hmm

I got:

pretty chi you clone
pretty (huge) clearo to go on it
rubber cover bobbles I got these ones because the holes look bigger.
lanyard for evod batteries because the standard ego ones don't fit evods
like a GS-H2 only glass smile
for DH because he loved the 900mah one I got him.

I resisted the urge to get him the Happy Cowboy, he'd never have forgiven me grin

Singapore post ... wish me luck!

PolterGoose Thu 10-Jul-14 19:07:10

I like the look of the glass 'GS-H2', can you let me know what it's like when the time comes please?

Cantabile Sat 12-Jul-14 12:34:38

Omg! That chi style is beautiful! I want it! Plenty, why do you do this? I have been so good and had no shopping accidents for aaaaaaages!

Snot my fault, it's that Polter angry If you look in the discussions, the one you get is even prettier than the one pictured

Polter, yes, I'll do a review of the glass gs-h2 when it gets here.

Cantabile Sat 12-Jul-14 13:27:05

Plenty I have just spent just under 40 quid and it's all your fault - you made me click!!!! grin

3 new batteries (one for my bro) like the one you're getting for your dh but different colours (2 for me, one for my bro).

The chi style battery and the clearo to go with it - how could I resist? It's a bit like the steam punk ecig I linked to once, but shall never own (weeps).

Also a couple of lanyards (one for my bro).

I am looking very hard and very sternly at both you and Polter........ grin

PolterGoose Thu 17-Jul-14 16:19:39

My order has shipped, I paid an extra dollar I think for Philippines Post.

Jux Thu 17-Jul-14 17:08:59

Is that quicker?

PolterGoose Thu 17-Jul-14 17:30:23

I have absolutely no idea, I hope so grin

Cantabile Thu 17-Jul-14 17:41:41

Oh dear. I ordered a new load of their lovely Hangsen butterscotch eliquid in plenty of time so I wouldn't run out and be waiting with drumming fingers. It duly arrived and I just put it straight into my vaping drawer without even opening the packet properly.

Started using it a couple of days ago, and thought they must have changed their packaging as the tops of the bottles were blue. Filled up a tank, started vaping, went downstairs. Put my specs on and aaaaaaargh! It's 11mg instead of 16mg!

I am trying to decide whether it's worth the hassle of raising a query, no doubt having to send the 4 unopened bottles back, and waiting for the replacements to arrive. Especially since this lot arrived weeks ago. Bother bother bother.

PolterGoose Thu 17-Jul-14 17:48:56

Could you tell the difference between 16 and 11? I'm alternating my usual 18 with some 12s at the moment and can't tell the difference.

Allergictoironing Thu 17-Jul-14 18:06:15

If you're getting DIY mixing stuff anyway, you can always splosh a bit of 54mg strength base in with them? Will need a bit of maths done to get the strength right

Cantabile Thu 17-Jul-14 18:11:19

I usually use 18mg, so the drop to 11mg is a bit much really.

Allergic, I shall make an attempt at the maths [aaaaaargh!]

(Ax + By) / (x + y) = C

A = first strength
B = second strength
C = target strength

x and y are the relative quantities to mix

So to mix 11mg with 54mg liquid to make 18mg:

(Ax + By) / (x + y) = C

(11x + 54y) / (x + y) = 18

11x + 54y = 18(x + y)

11x + 54y = 18x + 18y

54y - 18y = 18x - 11x

36y = 7x

5 (approx) y = x

So: When y = 1, x = 5

i.e. for every 1ml of 54mg, add 5ml of 11mg.

smile

Allergictoironing Thu 17-Jul-14 18:40:19

Damn Plenty - is there any end to your talents! grin envy

Yes, I can't sing or keep house grin

There are Many Pretty Things on FT new arrivals for today and yesterday including two steampunk mods (except the gears don't interlock on them, they just look like they are free floating, which would annoy me greatly).

This is going on my next order. Looks genuine to me (original here).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now